• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wishing All the Best to a Crash and Burn BMWMOA Family Member

Dave and I signed the 'big' card that was going around at the end of the Rally, and I've since sent another 'get well' card and a Christmas card. I'll send another 'thinking of you' type one in the next few weeks. Aiming for every 6-8 weeks.

Thanks for keeping us all updated. When we didn't hear anything for so long after the Rally, we feared the worst had happened.

Cheryl

Clem Pardales

We want to thank everyone who supported Clem in the past and continue to support him with cards and letters. He is still in the Trauma Burn Unit of University of Michigan Hospital. During one of our last visits with him we presented him with the big card that was signed by so many of our members at the Bloomburg Rally. He lit up and became more alert. Clem and his wife looked over the card and his wife is going to read it to him a part at a time. We continue to visit him and help cheer him up. I've placed the hospital address below for anyone who wants to send him a card. I want to thank all those members who have helped cheer him up through their cards and letters.

Respectfully, John Saarinen

University of Michigan Health System
Trauma Burn Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
1C-421-UH
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5033

From the Family....

Date: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 9:20 AM

Dad continues to hang in there. He has been lucid and aware the last week,
which has been really nice because we've been able to talk with him. That
said, he is battling some level of infection that the doctors are trying
to sort out and get him through. Besides the battling of infection he has
been fairly sound. Not ready to move to the rehab unit yet but that is
still what we are aiming for.

Clem Pardales makes progress

Great news on Dr. P's progress!! Below is an email that HE SENT to us today and asked us to forward to all of you:

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM wrote:

This Letter is to thank you for your concerns,prayers, lovely cards and messages.

Our family will be gratefull for ever.

I am doing well, and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

see you soon.

He has made remarkable progress in the last two weeks. There is a very good chance that he will be leaving the hospital in about two weeks to either come home, or continue his rehab in a sub-accute care facility. Amazing really.

Hooray!!! We will keep you posted!
Melissa

---------------------------

On 2/14/12 6:57 PM, "Pardales, Michael J" wrote:

Dad made it to the Physical Rehabilitation unit last week! He is making great progress. They have him on a rigorous schedule of both occupational and physical therapy which leaves him very tired at the end of each day. But he is working hard and has been very committed to the road ahead. He has remained infection free and is doing a little more each day. He is aware of what is happening and in good spirits.

Great news on Dr. P's progress!! Below is an email that HE SENT to us today and asked us to forward to all of you:

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM wrote:

This Letter is to thank you for your concerns,prayers, lovely cards and messages.

Our family will be gratefull for ever.

I am doing well, and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

see you soon.

He has made remarkable progress in the last two weeks. There is a very good chance that he will be leaving the hospital in about two weeks to either come home, or continue his rehab in a sub-accute care facility. Amazing really.

Hooray!!! We will keep you posted!
Melissa

---------------------------

On 2/14/12 6:57 PM, "Pardales, Michael J" wrote:

Dad made it to the Physical Rehabilitation unit last week! He is making great progress. They have him on a rigorous schedule of both occupational and physical therapy which leaves him very tired at the end of each day. But he is working hard and has been very committed to the road ahead. He has remained infection free and is doing a little more each day. He is aware of what is happening and in good spirits.

OUTSTANDING NEWS! That's Fantastic. Still wishing you all the best. Also, thank you for the update blackcloud.

That is such good news! And I'll bet Dr P is thrilled to be tired from exercise. Please let him know that a lot of people are still thinking of him and are rooting for him to keep making good - actually, more than good - progress.

Best,
Muriel

Clem Pardales moved into rehab at UofM hospital

I saw Clem yesterday... He is out of the Burn Unit and on a rehab floor.

He had just taken a sleeping pill when I arrived, so I did not stay very
long. His spirits were high and he is going thru intensive rehab every day.

The burn grafts are all doing well. He did say he had a kidney infection for
a few days, but that is now cleared up. We talked a little bit about the accident,
and he remembers up to the actual crash, but does not remember being med
flighted to the Pittsburgh Hospital or even coming to the U of M by helicopter.
He did say that he was glad is some ways that he did not remember, given all that
he has been thru.

If anyone is in the area, I know he would like a visit. Be prepared to put gloves and a
gown for infection control. And you might have to wait if he is in rehab or something
else. But he is definitely allowed visitors now.. He is on the 6A floor.

Thanks John and Clem's family for the continuing progress updates on Dr P. We will continue to hold him in our thoughts and prayers throughout his rehab.:thumb

Mike Horne
Old med surg/orthopedic/spinal injury rehab/psych nurse

All good news

So great to hear the good progress, Clem! I have not forgotten you and wish you continuing fast progress!

Back