• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wishing All the Best to a Crash and Burn BMWMOA Family Member

crossfire3006

crossfire3006
At the rally this year, we were approached by a gentleman who asked if we would be willing to sign a card for a fellow BMWMOA member who was involved in a very serious crash on his way to the rally.

We were told he lost control of his motorcycle in a curve and went into a ditch. While the motorcycle flipped into the air, some how the gas cap came off and the rider was covered in gas when the motorcycle came to land on him. Unfortuantely, the gas ignited and the rider sustained burns over 50% of his body and was transported to a hospital (burn unit) in Philadelphia where he is undergoing skin graphing.

I would just like to say that I'm praying for this family member and wishing him a speedy recovery.

A verry sad event

I too would like to say to the crash victim my heartfelt sympathies and the best wishes I can conjure up for your recovery!!!

This is much more impt. than all the talk about the heat!

In a huge crowd of over 7330 attendees there is every chance someone will get very unlucky. I know I did coming home from Gillette.

Can we find out how he's doing and maybe an address for cards??

Found this on the MOA Facebook page...

Clem has been transferred to the burn unit at the University of Michigan.
His son stated that he was going into surgery today and was having his right leg amputated below the knee due to the extensive 4th degree burns. He also has developed pneumonia.
I am not sure of the address to send cards to, but it should be easy enough to look up the hospitals address online, just address them to Clem Pardales, care of the burn unit.

Please keep Clem in your prayers and Ride Safe.....

Thanks for posting the info on Clem's transfer. I signed the card that was making the rounds in the beer garden, but will be sure to pray for him and will send a card to the Michigan hospital soon.

Bummer

Wish we would do a collection and try to help a brother out. My thoughts will be with him I cant imagine what him and his family must be going through. I will keep a eye on this thread to see if we do something along the lines of a collection

I was hoping our "family" would away with no major mishaps going to or from the rally. So sad to read this.

Thoughts aand prayers are with you, Clem.

Best wishes and prayers to Clem !
I think may be we as the moa or charter clubs can make a donation
can some one get Clems address ?
Ernest

Clem's address

Here is Clem's address:

Clemon Pardales

1181 Banbury Cir, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302

I will be sending him his rally packet along with a t-shirt. I have thought of him and his family often.

I always hate reading these stories

about a member of our family crashing. Unfortunately, as we age, it's almost inevitable.

Best wishes to Clem and his family. He will be in my thoughts.

sdc

Best wishes to Clem during his recovery. I am so sorry to hear of his accident. I will be thinking of him and his family.

Best,
Muriel

Wish we would do a collection and try to help a brother out. My thoughts will be with him I cant imagine what him and his family must be going through. I will keep a eye on this thread to see if we do something along the lines of a collection

We can do something right now! Below in this post is Clem's address. If everyone at the rally or every member of this club sent him a card with just one dollar in it...I think that would help and we wouldn't all have to stand around waiting for somebody to organize something.:dunno So just do it. We can all afford to part with a dollar and put a stamp on an envelope and send it to him to help him out with whatever he needs.

So just do it! Show him we really care and that we are trying to help. Many small efforts can create a bigger effect....My card is in the mail...:thumb

Here is Clem's address:

Clemon Pardales

Here is the Burn Unit address:

Here is the address where you can send cards.Clem Pardales
C/O
University of Michigan Health System
Trauma Burn Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
1C-421-UH
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5033

Last edited:
We can do something right now! Below in this post is Clem's address. If everyone at the rally or every member of this club sent him a card with just one dollar in it...I think that would help and we wouldn't all have to stand around waiting for somebody to organize something.:dunno So just do it. We can all afford to part with a dollar and put a stamp on an envelope and send it to him to help him out with whatever he needs.

So just do it! Show him we really care and that we are trying to help. Many small efforts can create a bigger effect....My card is in the mail...:thumb

Here is Clem's address:

Clemon Pardales

+1
My cards going out in the mail today along with my thoughts and prayers for an optimal recovery:thumb

Mike
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Clem Pardales

This was sent to our club from a family member. This will bring you up to speed on his condition. The member who is speaking directly to his son will be inquiring if the family would accept the financial help we could help provide.

Respectfully, John Saarinen

FROM HIS Family:

Friends and Family,

The surgery went well for Dr. Pardales yesterday without complications. They did take his right leg just under the knee, and due to the severity of burns and inability for skin grafting to proceed on the left leg, they ended up having to take the left leg, (also below the knee), as well. This was not a complete surprise, as we knew this foot was also in bad shape, but they didn't make this final decision to take it until just before surgery. Fortunately, the amputations are below the knee. This will make the use of a prosthesis easier in the future and there will be less stress on the body when doing so, as opposed to if the amputation was above the knee.

We will now take it day by day and are expecting that moving forward will be promising. Much skin grafting still needs to be done on his legs and lower body. The grafting that occurred on his right hand is progressing well. I was encouraged when I saw him yesterday, as his color looks good and overall, he appears strong to me.

Please continue to pray for him. He'll need strength and patience to see him through. We know this will be a long road, and we pray for no complications. Still no visitors allowed and Anne is not yet up for phone calls but we know everyone is thinking about her. She is going back and forth to the hospital from home, so cards sent to the house will be recieved and welcomed. The address is:

1181 Banbury Circle

Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302

Thank you all, again for your prayers, care and support. I will keep you posted. Please pass on to others who are not on this list...or give me new emails and I will add them to it.

Melissa

Blackcloud,

Thank you for the update on Clem P. Hopefully we will all remember him in his long recovery and the family will continue to give us updates on his condition.

Thanks again!

Clem Pardales

His daughter in law sent the latest update on his condition. We also extended the offer of making a collection. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Cards wishing him well are always welcome.

The hospital address is:
Clemon Pardales
University of Michigan- Trauma/Burn Center
1500 E. Medical Center Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

From his daughter in law.

Dear Friends and Family,

Dr. P had a good day today. He seems stable and healthy enough for surgery tomorrow (more debridement). His blood pressure and sugar numbers are good. We are hoping if all goes well they may take him off the ventilator which will make things more comfortable for him and hopefullly allow him to be more alert.

Thank you for your continued prayers. It is making a difference for us all. Thank you for all of the offers for various forms of help. Right now the best thing we could ask for is prayers.

Prayers,
Melissa

I'm posting this at the request of Brian Manke:
Thanks to the initiative of MOA Ambassador Brian Manke, the Wisconsin BMW Club raised over $300.00 at our monthly meeting last night, for our MOA brother. We will be following Clem's progress and wish him a speedy recovery.

Clem Status

Ives who has been the member all of our communications are going through gave this status report. It mentions the card everyone was kind enough to sing for him. That card will be delivered as soon as he can receive visitors.

His report:
I was not allowed to see Clem, but did speak with his wife and two sons in the waiting area for a 20 minutes or so.

Clem is intubated and does respond to the family some of the time. He is still in very serious condition. His wife and sons are doing well and asks that I express their thank you to all who have reach out with cards and calls. Mrs. Paradales also said she did receive a package from the MNOA with a t-shirt, hat, & pin and other rally stuff.

I asked how long Clem had been riding and was told he starting in 2005. They also asked about the accident scene so I describe it as best that I could. I also told her about Clem's comments about his friends not believing the great roads he was riding on. Mrs. Pardales said she knew Clem was having a great time as he had told her so the night before.

I told her about the card John had gotten signed and she said she knew Clem would enjoy seeing the card when he gets better.

Thank you for supporting him with cards and letters.

Back