• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How Hot is Hot

aa3jy

With all the complaints about the heat and humidity at the Bloomsburg Rally..maybe try attending this event and learn how they "deal with it"..

http://www.burningman.com/

..with the daytime temps hovering around 110f+ and night time temps around 50f.
I regularly talk to a person who volunteers as a EMT just about every year and can't enough of this event. Yes it's not your average event and not for everyone but I'm looking at it as learning survival/adapting techniques for future rally considerations.

..just my 2 1/2 cents..

There's a huge difference between 110F and 5 percent humidity, and 102F and very high humidity. I'll take the 110F anyday.

I spent two years in Saudi Arabia where the daily high hit 116F regularly and the highest I experienced was 126F! Yes, it was a dry heat. It was hot, but it was bearable due to the very low humidity and constant breeze.

But I was getting paid big bucks to endure that heat, and had AC in my office, work truck, and trailer I lived in.

Many people in the arid west have no idea how uncomfortable the midwest, northeast and south are due primarily to high humidity levels.

Harry

You are correct 'Humidity' is the key word. I'll take a western rally with the same temps as we did at the Bloomsburg Rally any day. As I recall the Oregon and Wyoming rallies where about the same in temps..but the dew point temps where probably where half as such in comparison to the the east...but hydration is still a key factor no matter where..

Last edited:
Might be one of these year you should venture out for Burninghman... get your eyes opened humidity or not. The Black Rock is a favorite place for me to ride but not during this event. 40 + thousand people attend for the week.

Might be one of these year you should venture out for Burninghman... get your eyes opened humidity or not. The Black Rock is a favorite place for me to ride but not during this event. 40 + thousand people attend for the week.

I'll have to start saving for the gate pass fees..I believe they start their drawings at around 250 bucks..and go up as the event draws nearer.

Back