Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally attendance?

NE Arkansas - Between Goobertown and Buck Snort

Rally attendance?

What was the official attendance figure?
    John M. Flora
    '03 K1200GT, '94 K75S
    MOA # 23538, RA # 16295, AMA Life Member
    Secret Squadron # SQ24418

Just over 6700
    RadRider
    2014 S1000R,2014 R1200GS, 2013 Ural Patrol
    MOA #118928
    IBA # 46323

GSCOOKEMNSTER
    I heard a lot of bragging that attendance would beat that set in Vermont, somewhere around 10,000. I would suspect the weather caused this dramatic lowering of attendance. Once again, the national doesn't serve up anything that's worth riding in this heatwave. Let's get the rally into a timeframe that is more favorable to riding, to hell with all the other considerations!

Clay
    Attendance vs. passes sold? I would say they sold in excess of 10,000..but how many of the pre-registed showed up? My wrist band said 10,309 but who's counting..

Moondog
    [QUOTE=GSCookeMnster;697854]I heard a lot of bragging that attendance would beat that set in Vermont, somewhere around 10,000. I would suspect the weather caused this dramatic lowering of attendance. Once again, the national doesn't serve up anything that's worth riding in this heatwave. Let's get the rally into a timeframe that is more favorable to riding, to hell with all the other considerations![/QUOTE]

+1

I for one bought a pass but did not attend. Never again!!!! specially in the mid of summer.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brewmeister View Post
    Why is the 10,000 mark so important anyways? It really dos'nt matter!
    It's not important, but being 30% off expectations is.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Lets have it way up north so folks can drive in the heat longer to get there. Even Montreal was as hot as our rally so should we go further north ?
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Attendance vs. passes sold? I would say they sold in excess of 10,000..but how many of the pre-registed showed up? My wrist band said 10,309 but who's counting..
    I registered/paid in advance, but stayed home because my wife is having back problems. But I may have stayed home anyway rather than suffer through a week of this insane heat.
    The memory of Lima is still fresh in my mind and I never want to have that kind of rally experience again.
    John M. Flora
    '03 K1200GT, '94 K75S

So I guess there are plenty of rally t-shirts, patches and pins left over...
    John M. Flora
    '03 K1200GT, '94 K75S

Quote Originally Posted by IndyGT View Post
    For the really small and really large........
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyGT View Post
    Any that say.."I survived Bloomsburg"

Quote Originally Posted by jmirizarry View Post
    Just over 6700
    Actually, the number quoted at the closing ceremonies was incorrect. The attendance was approx. 7300 +/-
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

TravelsWithBarley.com
    I feel the need to highlight a distinction here.

Yes, the weather was inclement, but it's not like a dome of hot was parked directly over Bloomsburg. That heat wave covered half the nation and there was no way anybody could have predicted the timing or extent of it. So let's not blame the organizers for the weather; let's just ask that they show a bit of flexibility going forward.

I didn't attend because (1) I travel with my dog and Barley has a tough time dealing with heat in that fur coat of his, and (2) I suffered from heat stroke twice while in the military and don't tolerate heat very well myself anymore. Personal choice. If I miss a rally now and then the world isn't going to end.

But all this talk of heat and miserable conditions is threatening to overshadow the hard work put in by scores of volunteers before and during the rally. The act of pulling a small town together for four days is pretty impressive!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I feel the need to highlight a distinction here.

Yes, the weather was inclement, but it's not like a dome of hot was parked directly over Bloomsburg. That heat wave covered half the nation and there was no way anybody could have predicted the timing or extent of it. So let's not blame the organizers for the weather; let's just ask that they show a bit of flexibility going forward.

I didn't attend because (1) I travel with my dog and Barley has a tough time dealing with heat in that fur coat of his, and (2) I suffered from heat stroke twice while in the military and don't tolerate heat very well myself anymore. Personal choice. If I miss a rally now and then the world isn't going to end.

But all this talk of heat and miserable conditions is threatening to overshadow the hard work put in by scores of volunteers before and during the rally. The act of pulling a small town together for four days is pretty impressive!
    Well said!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles