• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2012 Rally- Sedalia, MO

We made reservations last Friday at the Super 8 in Sedalia and that was with their 800 phone number. We didn't make this year's rally as we broke down in Ohio on the way and had planned to be there. That makes the 3rd one we have missed since 89 because of unforseen circumstances.

The Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection (Choice hotels brand) had plenty of rooms when I called. All smoke free. 660-826-5588

$139 for the "Family suite" that has a queen and a full bed. They had other rooms as well.

I'm just saying Bloomsburg was pretty hot. Would have been nice to sleep. Still had fun regardless.

Figuring its going to be warm in Sedelia, I hope the organizers will consider putting out water coolers instead of handing out water in plastic bottles.

Tom

The organizers had water coolers around the fairgrounds and gave out reusable bottles until they ran out and the extent of the heat forced them to go to plastic bottles as well. They worked really hard to combat the extreme conditions.

Just thinking about hows hot it's going to be in Mo. has already got me sweating profusely, plez someone pass me a cold bottle of water before I pass out. Just teezin. We're due for some milder summer temp's for the National. I plan on going regardless. This is about as close as the National get to Arkansas. :thumb

This is about as close as the National get to Arkansas. :thumb

you got any ideas for a national rally *in* arkansas. :ear

fellow member here ragtoplover was supposed to be doing some legwork in the UofA area... but no word from him lately.

it looks to be an idea area, but some local help to ferret out the decision-makers would move things faster.

ian

Was unable to to go to rally this year because of work and it really wouldn't be smart to ride 11 hours two days in a row in this heat. FWIW, here in Indiana this has been the 4th hottest July since they started keeping records, Didn't stop me from riding every day. Next summer who knows what it will be like.:dunno
I can't wait till next year!

Just thinking about hows hot it's going to be in Mo. has already got me sweating profusely, plez someone pass me a cold bottle of water before I pass out. Just teezin. We're due for some milder summer temp's for the National. I plan on going regardless. This is about as close as the National get to Arkansas. :thumb

According to a co-worker who grew up near Sedalia, expect mid to high 90's and 80% humidity. He looked at me like I had two heads when I mentioned the rally is to be held there at anytime of the year, but especially in July. I dunno, I have not been there and considering going.

According to a co-worker who grew up near Sedalia, expect mid to high 90's and 80% humidity. He looked at me like I had two heads when I mentioned the rally is to be held there at anytime of the year, but especially in July. I dunno, I have not been there and considering going.

Your post got me wondering what the average temperature for Sedalia is and found this site:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Prepare for hot and humid. Given the area's average temperatures there should be no reason for people to complain if it's "too hot". Now if it gets over 40C then OK.

I'll be in Sedalia next year, despite the heat or cold. I enjoy hanging out with the BMW family and the MOA Rally is the best place to do that. Besides, now I am able to ride and attend these rallies and I will continue to do so as long as I am able. (Of course, I have a broken thermostat and I seldom ever feel heat or humidity, which really annoys my wife during the summer.)

Sedalia _ The place to be

Well, yes it will be hot! It is in JULY! Can anyone remember a cold rally?? I will be there and the coffee will be hot and strong!
According to my wife this is a little like childbirth. After a while you forget the pain and are ready to do it again! Come on guys and gals - we are not the Rolex riders!:rocker

It will be 106 degrees tomorrow (Aug. 2) in Sedalia. Actual temperature, not the heat index. Heat index will be 113.

My planning for Sedelia (which is only a couple hundred miles from me) is this: I'm going to go for a ride that week. If the temps are good, I'll head East to the rally. If not, then I'm heading West to CO. Either way, I'm going to have a good week.

Tom

Well, yes it will be hot! It is in JULY! Can anyone remember a cold rally?? I will be there and the coffee will be hot and strong!
According to my wife this is a little like childbirth. After a while you forget the pain and are ready to do it again! Come on guys and gals - we are not the Rolex riders!:rocker

Unfortunately I still have limited off time for holidays (still have to work for a living) and as you are correct with it being hot in July I will most likely "suffer" through that month at the office so that I may take a road trip in late August and early September to Cape Breton.

Have fun at next year's National.

Oh, and BTW, I hunt every year at my friends ranch down in Stover, a few miles from the rally site. Deer are freak'n EVERYWHERE! Be careful. Even more so than PA as these deer have not figured out the relationship between roads and vehicles.

And my friend tells me that this summer has been brutally hot. Worse he's ever seen.........

My planning for Sedalia (which is only a couple hundred miles from me) is this: I'm going to go for a ride that week. If the temps are good, I'll head East to the rally. If not, then I'm heading West to CO. Either way, I'm going to have a good week.

Tom

+1, Gunny; Great Plan, Tom! My Son Seth (14) and I are going to look long and hard at the Sedalia weather on Monday of that week. If the high temperature is 90F or below, we ride to Missouri; if hot degrees are 91F or above, we head North to the Kootenay Rockies.

Like others have said, after 30+ years of MOA Membership no more preregistering for me!

Like others have said, after 30+ years of MOA Membership no more preregistering for me!

Not preregistering may be a good personal decision but if is done by a lot of members, it will throw a monkey wrench in rally preparations. If the preregistrations are low and a lot of unregistered people show up because the weather is good, there won't be enough supplies or facilities to handle all of the people. It puts the committee in a no win situation. If they plan for the preregistered members plus the nornal number of unregistered folks and they come up short because of a large turnout, they will be criticized. If they prepare for a large number of unregistered members and they don't show up due to the weather, they will be criticized for wasting club money.

Back