• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2012 Rally- Sedalia, MO

I think the rally planners do a terrific job. Anyone complaining should volunteer for the search committee.

+1!

If you're unhappy with the rally, how it was run, where it was, weather was too hot/cold/rainy/dry etc. step up and VOLUNTEER!

Chigger Rally

Great a rally with chiggers lots of mosquitos and Oak tree mites. What else could one ask for?

UOTE=ragtoplvr;698691]I am really looking forward to the Sedalia rally. So far family obligations have kept me away, but this one is close enough I can attend to the family things and still attend. A one tank of fuel rally!!!!!! Yes,I will volunteer for something.

Hot is what it is. I fear the chiggers and mosquitoes and worst of all is the Oak tree Mites, they go thru the screens on tents.

Bring your Deet. If you want to lay on the grass shower afterward and towel off every square inch of your skin firmly or learn about chiggers.

Powered sulfur seems to keep the ticks, chiggers and oak tree mites at bay. Stink or itch, easy choice.

It will be a wonderful rally, and some pretty roads.

Folks that like to fish, bring your rods. Bennett spring is close, and other rivers.

Also, some nice cool canoe trips on the Current and Jack Fork river, spring fed, they never warm up.

Rod[/QUOTE]

Same here (less the toilet cleaning)
I made a comment that I didn't want to go to MO...and Lisa was "what?!, It will be my first rally to ride to, and I get to see all my Camp Gear friends". Uh well, ok...MO it is. A good time can be found anywhere. We had a good time.

FWIW, I had a ball in Bloomsburg, one of the best ever. A huge part of what made it special for me was having my son Corbett participate. We had a great first tour in spite of the heat and he loved the rally, especially Camp Gears and watching his father clear toilets. ;)

When we got home he asked where the rally was next year. I told him where and that his current riding level we'd probably take three or even four days of back road riding to get there.

He said sign me up.

:dance

given my popularity on another thread, i was wondering if i am allowed to go or will i be detained at the MO state line?

given my popularity on another thread, i was wondering if i am allowed to go or will i be detained at the MO state line?

Having gone to school in central MO, I would advise concealing your state of origin. :hide

Just kidding. Sort of. :dunno

If I can manage to take the time off, I will be there. The problem is I never know until just beforehand, so I can't really plan with others. Oh well.

Thank you!

Finally, the rally is being held someplace that's centrally located for the whole country! Not where it requires three or four days of vacation plus the weekend to get there, check it out, and return. Sedalia is close enough that I can leave early Friday morning, check out the rally, and be in my own bed Sunday night for work Monday morning. This has a chance to be my first BMWMOA Rally! :clap

Great a rally with chiggers lots of mosquitos and Oak tree mites. What else could one ask for?

A tornado?

Tornado's, is how we tell the locals from the transplants. The sirens go off and the locals grab their camera and run outside to film. The transplants hide in their basements. Although this last tornado has me re-evaluating that behavior.

Seriously, I like the weather here. Keeps the riff-raff out.

It might be a good idea to schedule a tornado tour ride at the rally for a donation?

Hummmm, 175 miles one way, heck us beemer riders can do that roundtrip twice in one day easy.

Rod

At the risk of asking the obvious, is the Rally being held at the Missouri State Fairgrounds?

Just checked both the Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn; both showed no availability (online at least) for the rally dates. I called the Comfort Inn and was told they had four rooms, all smoking. I called the HI Express and the woman who answered said I could not book more than 11 months in advance, but when I pointed out that I could book her hotel online right up to 11 July 2012, she didn't know what to say but suggested I call the manager tomorrow. All their rooms were blocked.

Last edited:
mo rally

The family and I had a wonderfull time, it was my wife and 2 son's first rally.

The family and I will be attending in mo. Voni, Richard and David really enjoyed it, and are looking forward to seeing the lady in red again.

Both the wife and I decided, we would take the bike and the van, the boys can take turns riding with me on the year old k1600gtl :) We will have hotel reservations somewhere and cancel them if camping is good.

Paul, I hope they find you and airconditioned hall for your event, I come for yours, and from now on Sherry comes for Voni's women who ride seminar.

To all, any rally is a crapshoot. both the wife and I work the 3 day breast cancer walk in michigan, the weather sucks, its hot. Would any of you haters want to walk 20 miles a day for 3 days? and then spend the night in tents? doubt it.

See you all in mo. for the record, i will never pre register again since i had to pay twice once pre and then again at the rally cuz they couldnt find it.

Richard, Sherry, Richard II and David Ploeger.

See you all in mo. for the record, i will never pre register again since i had to pay twice once pre and then again at the rally cuz they couldnt find it.

Richard, Sherry, Richard II and David Ploeger.

Thanks, Richard ; )

As to the above, I'd ask you to call the office. That happened to Paul and me once and their computer showed us paying twice so we got a refund later.

Voni
sMiling

FWIW, hotels are not booking that far in advance. However, after a quick search online with the Sedalia Visitors Bureau, it does not appear that there are alot of hotel options. I'm sure there is a requirement for rooms available when choosing a rally location. Not knowinging the area, I can only go by what I see online.

Some of the motels are not taking online bookings at this time. However, I understand if you phone the motels direct they are taking reservations.

Some of the motels are not taking online bookings at this time. However, I understand if you phone the motels direct they are taking reservations.

I phoned the Comfort Inn and they said they had four rooms left, but all smoking rooms. No thanks.

FWIW, hotels are not booking that far in advance. However, after a quick search online with the Sedalia Visitors Bureau, it does not appear that there are alot of hotel options. I'm sure there is a requirement for rooms available when choosing a rally location. Not knowinging the area, I can only go by what I see online.

Holiday Inn Express books online 12 months in advance, but they're all blocked for the rally dates. I was told to speak to the manager when I called yesterday (manager was not in).

Back