• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2012 Rally- Sedalia, MO

I'll never pre-register or get a motel room for another rally specially in a place like Sedalia, MO in the middle of the summer. I did last year and regretted it. Nothing is worth riding in 100 degree temperatures IMHO. As a side note: for the ones who's going to counter as "you can't predict the weather, etc..." I'm ready to take bets....

If I wasn't prepared to ride in 100 degree temps on occasion, I wouldn't be able to ride much of anywhere in the summer. All of Texas went something like 60+ days last summer above 100. In 2002 when I came back from the Trenton Rally it was 107 when I get to Pierre, SD one afternoon. Temperatures like that are a lot more tolerable for me "out west" where there is very low humidity. In fact - for me - the humidity makes as much or more difference than does the temperatures.

It's a bet

I'll never pre-register or get a motel room for another rally specially in a place like Sedalia, MO in the middle of the summer. I did last year and regretted it. Nothing is worth riding in 100 degree temperatures IMHO. As a side note: for the ones who's going to counter as "you can't predict the weather, etc..." I'm ready to take bets....

I bet I have more fun riding from Pittsburgh to The Gypsy Tour, then to The Rally to participate in the GS Giant, then home to Pittsburgh again, than you have all year.:nyah

Be sure to stop in Marshall, Missouri (north of Sedalia on highway 65) and pay your respects to Jim the Wonder Dog. In the town square area.

Barley has let me know this is a must on his personal itinerary for this trip.

Attachments

• BarleyGrinsInHack.jpg
    BarleyGrinsInHack.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 425
BTW - When will the volunteer opportunities and chairs be posted?

Got a phone call from Chuck Manley (Rally Co-Chair) just the other day. He and I will meet up at the IMS in Chicago in less than 2 weeks for a chat.

He has a few finishing touches (and co-chair slots to fill) before things get published. :german

After reading through this thread I was a bit worried running into all these negative people at the rally.
Then I realized it would be easy to see them coming by the dark cloud that must be always hanging over their heads.

Seriously, I think there are two ways to approach a rally:
1. I'm here and I will have fun.
Or,
2. I'm here and you better entertain me, or I'll hold my breath till I faint,
and make things miserable for others by complaining.

I'm all for attitude #1 and can't wait to go to my second BMWMOA rally.:twirl

After reading through this thread I was a bit worried running into all these negative people at the rally.
Then I realized it would be easy to see them coming by the dark cloud that must be always hanging over their heads.

Or,

You - are a very quick study. :thumb

Regardless of what the weather will be, I'll be there. Living in MO it's my first opportunity to go to a rally (work ALWAYS takes precedence from June-Sep) so I'll be there.
First Gear mesh jacket and pants and a small windshield...and you'll get NO WHINING about the weather from me! sMiles all the way :)

I bet I have more fun riding from Pittsburgh to The Gypsy Tour, then to The Rally to participate in the GS Giant, then home to Pittsburgh again, than you have all year.:nyah

Really,
I might see you there coming back from Alaska after a 10000 mile trip. My understanding of having fun is not about rallies or beer drinking, otherwise I might have bought a Harley.
Have Fun and Good Luck:thumb

Or,

I'll add another one for you:

3. Don't attend and go somewhere where the weather is nicer to ride. Win win.

Or,

I'll ditto #1.
I've got many years and over 300,00 miles of rallies and camping all over this great country. I've camped in the extreme heat, the extreme cold, severe rain, tremendous winds. And of coarse, picture perfect days too. When I pull out of my driveway, my rally starts. Regardless of the weather, I'm going to have a good time. My motto: "I've never been to a bad rally"

Back