• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Most interesting moment or event of the rally?

At the Chromeheads Beer Garden meeting, when Russ Pencin showed up from California unexpected. He had a bike crash a couple of weeks ago and broke his collar bone, and cancelled his rally plans. He received surprise plane tickets from the Mrs. and they both showed up. Spent the time riding in Enfoman's R1200C sidecar, and made my day!
What a surprise; but then Russ does everything in a big way.
Great to see you man!

DSC_03683.jpg

Kemo, I can't believe I'm reading this. Are you crazy? Please tell me you're just kidding, or had too much to drink.
Rocketman

Boys playing in the dirt

My favorite moment was taking my new-to-me 09 GSA out on the track and playing in the dirt. Brought me back to my teens when I did enduro and trials. The only diff is I'm a wee bit older and could only last 4 times around. Also taking my first spill in the sand pit was actually quite fun - nice and sweaty and then being a sand-doughnut -lovely!:brad
If the Friends of Bill's can meet, then so can LGBTs, and everybody else - it's only for those like-minded people - nobody said you had to attend that hour. The point is taken though and these venues should be encouraged to meet, but not "sanctioned" by MOA.
When you go on cruises and such, they offer available space on the side if you choose to, but it's not written into the sched. It's personal, so therefore do it for yourself.

Great job - family. Great job. I look forward to many more! I'm drinking the Koolaid.:thumb:wave

Had I not seen Paul Thorn a couple weeks earlier, his band's set would have certainly been the highlight of the rally. As it was, his time on stage seem a little compressed and his stories between songs were shortened a bit to make up the time. Go see him again if you can - you will not regret it.

So, since I was already a huge Paul Thorn fan, the real surprise was Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds (friday night). This 9 piece band is a stand-out - amazing sound and a sexy singer with fantastic dynamic range. Go see them before they become huge.

Shooter Jennings was not in the same league with either of the two above bands. I laft after the first couple songs...

My favorite moment was taking my new-to-me 09 GSA out on the track and playing in the dirt. Brought me back to my teens when I did enduro and trials. The only diff is I'm a wee bit older and could only last 4 times around. Also taking my first spill in the sand pit was actually quite fun - nice and sweaty and then being a sand-doughnut -lovely!:brad
If the Friends of Bill's can meet, then so can LGBTs, and everybody else - it's only for those like-minded people - nobody said you had to attend that hour. The point is taken though and these venues should be encouraged to meet, but not "sanctioned" by MOA.
When you go on cruises and such, they offer available space on the side if you choose to, but it's not written into the sched. It's personal, so therefore do it for yourself.

Great job - family. Great job. I look forward to many more! I'm drinking the Koolaid.:thumb:wave

I saw an awful lot of clean GS's on site. Good on ya for getting the beast dirty!

Can someone please explain to me what or who Friends of Bill are?

Perhaps not the MOST interesting, but certainly right up there, was discovering "hickory syrup" at the farmer's market.

Yummy stuff.

.........please explain to me what or who Friends of Bill are?

The Friends of Bill W is another name for Alcoholics Anonymous. It is their lesser-known name, usually used at times when discretion is required.

Kemosabe, LGBT stands for "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transexual" It was one of many firsts for the rally. Trying to be all inclusive ....

I think it a good idea. They are a small minority in a minority of the population (motorcycle riders). I would think meeting similar people with an interest in motorcycles would be difficult in most places.

This is now getting way off topic, but I would hope in this day and age, whether at a motorcycle rally, or anywhere in this fine country, that nobody would ever be excluded or frowned upon for being 'different', whether it be race, nationality, sexual preference, religion or anything for that matter. Live and let live. I'm trying to raise my 4 young kids a lot different than my parents raised me, or how they were raised. My 13 year old son had a blast at the rally and met some fine people there, with no predispositions towards anyone. I hope you'd feel the same way about him if you happened to meet him there. Bikers are a fine group of individuals in their own right, but everyone has the right to their own personal beliefs. I don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone else that way. Just chill and enjoy the diversity man. The country is a big place, and you're going to meet all kinds of everybody everywhere.

The Friends of Bill W is another name for Alcoholics Anonymous. It is their lesser-known name, usually used at times when discretion is required.

I thought it was a club that received speeding tickets for going over 100 miles an hour.

MOD Moment>

While most of this thread has had some great points and suggestions, a casual reminder to browse the Posting Guidelines:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_postingguidelines
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in particular #3 & 4

3)Trolling and Baiting. Trolling is intentionally posting inflammatory subject matter, then arguing just for "fun." Baiting is pushing someoneÔÇÖs buttons to incite them to flame.

4)Creating a hostile environment. Our membership is a diverse community in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation and religion. Items offensive to, or that create an unfriendly environment for various people will be removed by the moderators with an explanation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may have your opinions and views... However,they are yours and not shared by all.

Mod hat off <

Back