• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Most interesting moment or event of the rally?

For me, the most interesting moment of the rally was a short conversation I had working as a pedestrian traffic guide at the registration exit on Wednesday morning. On that day, Mark S. decided he liked me and assigned me to duties off the line and . In any event, at some point in the morning, a gentlemen with a Latin accent exited registration, stood beside me and looked out at the wilted countryside.

He said "Argentina"

I said, "Surely the temperature is more Brazil"

He said, "I am from Mexico and have ridden through all of South America. This land is Argentina"

I said, "I though Argentina was cooler?"

He said, "No, this is Argentina"

I said, "Have a good time" and he left to join the rally.

It's ironic, but 30-yrs ago I took a job with a company that was working on a project in Argentina and I took the job hoping to work on-site in South America. Sadly, the economy tanked before that happened and the company disappeared except for a nameplate (Allis-Chalmers). Now, I find that I've worked in Argentina for all these years......:)

I hope you all had some good memories and met some interesting people at the rally. The weather was bad, but that's a part of life which we can not control.

Enjoy,

I can't pick a single most interesting or entertaining moment. My rally week started on the GS Giant's Gypsy Tour where I met a bunch of great new friends. As the week progressed, we had the opportunity to really get to know one another. As Matt and I discussed rally moments over dinner tonight, we counted dozens of folks that we want to stay in touch with. I didn't get to see much of the rally aside from the GS events but that's ok. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again!

To all the Giants....you were the highlight of my week!

For us, it was totally surprising Paul with the Prof. Dr. Gerhard Knochlein award

http://www.bcef.eu/ICBC/guideline6.pdf

For once, he was speechless!

P1240185.jpg

Voni
sMiling

Best and Worst

Best:

Being in the company of Giants and Gypsies. I thank you one and all.

Worst:

Having to leave Saturday morning. Did not get to see Josh dirty her up.

tall brunette

She was about 5'8". She was wearing a dark blue bikini. Her skin was pale and her muscles well-toned. She did not hesitate, but rather walked out on the fallen tree and jumped in the water. She then showed off her athletic abilities by swimming free-style down the river and then back up.

If you are that girl, get in touch.

Giving this award to Paul was one of my two personal highlights.
The other was giving Kiltmeister the Friend of the Marque!

:clap

Congratulations to both!

One of my highlights was getting to spend time with great friends and very dedicated volunteers. Thanks for the great memories.

Many things but definitely my experiences with the GS Gypsy tour & Giant events.
Hi y'all! :wave

Met some great new friends to add to the ever growin list of friends made at BMW rallys!

This was a good moment for me. In route from Marienville, PA, along the less paved route in Weedville, PA, La Chica Vieja had a nice moment.

IMAG0253-M.jpg

Last edited:
My most interesting experience of the rally was trying to find someone who knows what the seminar was called "LGTB" was. Anyone know? Something about tires 'goodyear tires??', but I can't figure out the rest.

Best:

Worst:

Having to leave Saturday morning. Did not get to see Josh dirty her up.

That was so cool and totally spontaneous! Most of us missed capturing on film. Josh got to ride it home and is now a local celeb.

Rick, we were all going to text you to say that you won the rally bike but weren't there so they drew someone else.

Lgbt

Kemosabe, LGBT stands for "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transexual" It was one of many firsts for the rally. Trying to be all inclusive ....

I also had an interesting event on the way to the rally...I got to see the first zero on my /7 odometer! The bike had 13K miles on it when I got it. I documented the event as well...!

Attachments

• Slash7RollOver.jpg
    Slash7RollOver.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 315
most interesting moment?
wow, hard to pin that one down, i had 5 interesting days/nights!
i might have to say that one such moment was:

standing in the wings on stage left Friday night watching Shooter Jennings's set when Paul Thorn appeared by my side and said hi.

i said, brother you are awesome! (he really is- did you HEAR his set?)

he seemed totally flabbergasted that anyone might say such a thing to him! he seemed to kinda collect himself, then asked if i was an audio guy or something?

i replied, no i'm a local dude who happens to be a stagehand, just up here volunteering.

we chatted for a few moments then he moved on.

Paul is a super humble and truly nice guy! not to mention a great song writer and performer...

My highlight was Friday when we decided to take the shuttle to town for lunch. Talking with some locals it was explained to us that the small river in town ran to the fairgrounds. We walked over to the dollar store, bought some dollar floats, two coolers, a case of beer and ice, and headed to the river. We floated for 5 hours and you should have seen the faces of the attendees who found the swimming hole at the rally when we came around the corner. They thought we were brilliant, but we were just drunk! Almost better than riding, but a memory which will stay with me for ever.

Then expression on the faces at the restaurant when we checked our $15 TV we bought at the Salvation Army to use in the dorm at the University. The youngest and strongest room mate carried the thing all over town before we got it on the bus.

I hope the next residents of the dorm makes use of a good TV.

Back