• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tent spaces

I will be one of the early arrivals and I can save you a spot. You need to know the following;
1. I snore
2. I drink
3. I smoke cigars
4. I get up early
5. Did i mention I drink?
6. Chicks dig me.

Sounds like me,

uhhh, no cigars,

but chicks do dig me , just ask my woman......

Sounds like my kind of camping spot. I never go to a rally without a fully stocked travel humidor. Haven't been able attend a national since West Bend in 2007.

I'm a newbie going to my first rally this year but if the rules say no saving spaces I'd think it should be enforced for all. I'd like a spot in the early to bed and early to rise long distance riders section this year please. :)

I staked out my spot yesterday. Nobody better mess with my Biohazard Warning Area tape. Let me know if you want a spot too, right now, I have about a third of an acre for sale.

PS, Dear Moderators and Rally Staff, you are reading these posts, right?:brow

I staked out my spot yesterday. Nobody better mess with my Biohazard Warning Area tape. Let me know if you want a spot too, right now, I have about a third of an acre for sale.

PS, Dear Moderators and Rally Staff, you are reading these posts, right?:brow

Right!

:banghead

Voni
sMiling

I'm a new BMW rider, and this will be my first national rally. Have to admit, listening to all the grief here over camping territorial line boundaries has me worried about riding in solo and setting up. I'm in it for fun, so if this is really a big deal, I probably won't be back for the next one. I have to put up with enough BS in the real world, and don't expect to have to mess around with all this foolishness in the fun world. Any other rally (Hog Rock, Branson, numerous small weekend Missouri rallies, Sturgis, etc) I've just ridden in and said "Hey" to people around me and had a blast getting to know some new folks. I guess everything is different in the BMW world, but I sure hope that the survey results that stated that BMW drivers (car) are some of the most disrespectful of other drivers doesn't apply to the MC population.....

It is the same here

I'm a new BMW rider, and this will be my first national rally. Have to admit, listening to all the grief here over camping territorial line boundaries has me worried about riding in solo and setting up. I'm in it for fun, so if this is really a big deal, I probably won't be back for the next one. I have to put up with enough BS in the real world, and don't expect to have to mess around with all this foolishness in the fun world. Any other rally (Hog Rock, Branson, numerous small weekend Missouri rallies, Sturgis, etc) I've just ridden in and said "Hey" to people around me and had a blast getting to know some new folks. I guess everything is different in the BMW world, but I sure hope that the survey results that stated that BMW drivers (car) are some of the most disrespectful of other drivers doesn't apply to the MC population.....

There were over 7,000 great people at the rally last year and maybe 5 jerks. I call that pretty good odds. See you there; drop by for a beer.

You won't be the only new guy there riding alone. I'm sure it will be fine. If you get there before I do, save me a spot. :)

There are some awesome people that come to the rallies and then some not so great ones . I made up my mind from last years rally I am going to find a spot away from others and become a loner in camping !!! You will find that saving spaces can only be done with people that have pull !!! Good luck and have fun ! Oh look for the only tent in no mans land ( that's me ) :dance

Hey....don't camp too far away. You just might end up having a great time. I mentioned my first national rally was in 2007 at West Bend...didn't know a soul. In addition to meeting a lot of really great people, I still remember having a terrific conversation with an 82 year old who rode in from Michigan of his /5. BTW....he was breaking down his tent after camping the entire rally.

Ride safe and enjoy the Rally

Tent spaces tend to get congested closer to the "action", or near the center of the fairground. It can get quite tight.

First, don't bother looking for shade. There just won't be much.

Second, if you want space, look towards the perimeter of the fairground. There is always room, just a matter of looking for it. You'll be farther from the vendors, beer tent, etc. It'll be worth it to many to take the extra couple of minutes to walk the extra distance. Is anyone in a hurry at these events anyway?

Hey....don't camp too far away. You just might end up having a great time. I mentioned my first national rally was in 2007 at West Bend...didn't know a soul. In addition to meeting a lot of really great people, I still remember having a terrific conversation with an 82 year old who rode in from Michigan of his /5. BTW....he was breaking down his tent after camping the entire rally.

Ride safe and enjoy the Rally

I just might have the best party at the rally the further I camp outside the idiots that want to stack tents on tents for best spots like at Bloomsburg :thumb

Tent sites

I have met many friends now who I only see at rallies. The camaraderie is great. Hanging out with them is second to none. However when I an IN my tent I am sleeping. I do not have to have the security of my friends all around me. When I am awake, I know where my friends are and I can sit with them or vice versa. So if we are not sleeping next to each other it matters not. In fact I will make new friends with those who are sleeping next to me. Is that not the definition of sleeping together.

I've just ridden in and said "Hey" to people around me and had a blast getting to know some new folks.
That's certainly my experience with the MOA.

I'll be solo again this year -- let me know if you want me to stake out some space next to my tent ... :bolt :laugh

No hurry, but old guys tend to have bad knees, hips, etc. and walking isn't so easy. :gerg

Remember, there's a rally shuttle to help with that.......Also most committee chairs that are running errands will give you a lift if they're going your way.

This is my first rally also and camping with my wife. Knowing no one and doing this all for the first time along with heat and stress of bring my wife will make it all a tense experience. Dealing with people stressing over spots is not on my agenda! I have hiked and rode hours and hours over mountains some time to find a camping spot away from anything. Why would I ride ten hours (being almost local) to cram my tent in where I can hear people ten spots over snore, fart and breath it all in.:D OUt in middle of no where is the way I have always rode so I figure that's the way I will be camping also.

Back