• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thank you Bloomsburg

JDOCKERY132445

OldBMWMaster
I arrived Tuesday and have enjoyed traveling to the various places around the rally. One thing that really stands out for me is the people of Bloomsburg; to a person, they are warm, friendly and welcoming.

I have Scottish heritage so I am also very happy with the prices here.

Last night I ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant. lasagna, gin & tonic, salad and bread was $13.00. Other meals I have had were equally impressive in price and quality.
As for the heat? I grew up in the NC tobacco fields so this is not a big deal for me. To all of you who are griping, look at the roofers, construction workers, and others who are out working in this heat.

Quit yer complaining and enjoy the rally. i have and will continue to do so.

I arrived Tuesday and have enjoyed traveling to the various places around the rally. One thing that really stands out for me is the people of Bloomsburg; to a person, they are warm, friendly and welcoming.

I have Scottish heritage so I am also very happy with the prices here.

Last night I ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant. lasagna, gin & tonic, salad and bread was $13.00. Other meals I have had were equally impressive in price and quality.
As for the heat? I grew up in the NC tobacco fields so this is not a big deal for me. To all of you who are griping, look at the roofers, construction workers, and others who are out working in this heat.

Quit yer complaining and enjoy the rally. i have and will continue to do so.

You know, I was really concerned about the locals reception. However, the little town seems to have defied all my fears and been a great choice. I drive past Bloomsburg on I-80, ~20 times a year and possibly stop for gasoline or a head break at the exit, without entering the town. They've done a nice job sprucing up the main street (planting trees and populating the shop fronts) and integrating the hospital and university (i.e., state college, in my day) campuses. That takes a lot of work and coordination by the local government. In many of our small PA towns, those efforts haven't been as successful.

My compliments to Bloomsburg.

Now, in regards to Mother Nature, she's been a real ......

The local people have been wonderful. The food has been great and very reasonably priced. I have not seen a policeman or the need for one. The only disruption to the peace and quiet have been locals on Harleys.

The local people have been wonderful. The food has been great and very reasonably priced. I have not seen a policeman or the need for one. The only disruption to the peace and quiet have been locals on Harleys.

Seriously, I think the weather has kept the deer and state police in the shade and cool. I've done a daily 160-mi round-trip commute to the rally (leaving early in the morning) on I-80 since Wednesday and I haven't seen a state trooper or a deer.

Thanks also to all the BMW MOA member's and all the volunteers that made the rally a very enjoyable event. Just got back home after spending two days in Bloomsburg. This was my first rally and I have a little more of a tan and my wallet is a little lighter. The heat was tough, but..... this is summer in Central PA. A big THANKS to the volunteer driving around in one of the golf carts handing out water.

Thanks also to all the BMW MOA member's and all the volunteers that made the rally a very enjoyable event. Just got back home after spending two days in Bloomsburg. This was my first rally and I have a little more of a tan and my wallet is a little lighter. The heat was tough, but..... this is summer in Central PA. A big THANKS to the volunteer driving around in one of the golf carts handing out water.

How long have you been in LH? What do you ride?

I spoke with a former Fairgrounds President and he said the local police were told to back off. Then he add he took a K1600 GTL demo that was at 80 miles an hour in places. :thumb

The only police I saw was a stopped speeding car near the fairgrounds enterance this evening. There were also reported speed traps in Scott Twp ( in the I 80 East of Bloomsburg area ).

Kudo's to Police and Bloomsburg folk:)

Not even one issue or even a Police presense, so those guys are "cool" enough:)THX.. Thanks Bloomsburg in ALL other respects too, nice folks:) Food vendors were great on site. Gypsy Tour rider here too and what a HOOT all week. Randy Polarbear Owens.....

This was my first Rally and I had a blast! Met so many great people and learned a lot from the workshops.

One minor suggestion- I know many people leave after the Awards ceremony but I think more people stayed after it. Perhaps, after reviewing how the 6 pm sun hits the grandstand, the time of the closing ceremony is change from 6-7 pm. We were roasting in the late afternoon sun from 5:45 to almost 7:30 when the sun went down. That was why the crowd gut unruly when the winning names were called.

The flame cars were cool- but a poor idea given the extreme heat conditions. I felt bad for those drivers when we all started booing them.

I felt for the vendors who gave the prizes (Bob, Beaches, Revzilla, etc.) and wanted to talk a little more to get more bang for their buck but by then the crowd's ability to pay attention was gone!

Lastly, the winner of the grand prize should be changed and made to be present. How cool was it to see the winner of the GS Giant riding the bike on the track! Seeing his joy! That joy, that energy, was a rally highlight for me.

You guys did a great job passing out free bottles of water all weekend! The vendors- inside and out- did a fabulous job! :thumb

Big kudos to the volunteers - trash guys, beer garden, coffee crew, security, etc. If I go to Missouri next year, I'll sign up for a few shifts- in the air conditioned airs please. :brad

Not even one issue or even a Police presense, so those guys are "cool" enough:)THX.. Thanks Bloomsburg in ALL other respects too, nice folks:) Food vendors were great on site. Gypsy Tour rider here too and what a HOOT all week. Randy Polarbear Owens.....

Ummm...Bloomsburg PD were fine but I though I heard from one of the Demo Lead Riders that PD in Jerseytown (sp?) were writing people up for trying to test the limits of the GT and GTL.

One last critique and then I'll hush, two different bands playing at once was confusing. All of the bands were great but I would have liked to see more from the Blechblos'n but I thought I had to pay to get in. :scratch

Uh Oh.......

"Lastly, the winner of the grand prize should be changed and made to be present."

that is the way that the grand prize used to be awarded. Until it was decided that this wasn't fair to those folks who had a long way to travel to get home, and who were forced to leave early.....

How cool was it to see the winner of the GS Giant riding the bike on the track! Seeing his joy! That joy, that energy, was a rally highlight for me. - agree 1000%

Big kudos to the volunteers - +1

Back