• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What happened to BMWOA offices?

E

ELTIGRE1

Does anybody know why you can't make phone contact with the BMWMOA office? I have been trying since Monday and left a couple of messages. I wondered if they were on vacation but the answer machine does not reflect this.

I have absolutely no idea; however, You win my unofficial "New Rally Complaint" award for this year. I am not above dinging the association (and getting ding in return sometimes :laugh) but this is the first time I remember seeing this complaint during the rally. In the past I have had occasion to contact the offices during the event and have been well served.

Not an excuse!!! They should be listening to their messages and returning calls and e-mails.
Why? You think there's something so important in a member services organization that they can't take some time to work at the rally site?

BMW MOA is a motorcycle association, not a hospital.

Get a grip. They'll be back next week.:gerg

And I think somebody has a quick trigger. I don't see anything cranky in this, it was a question for which I thought some on the forum could answer. It seems the message could have been changed. It now says "we are away from our front desk". I would have thought nothing of it if the message had said they were away for the rally and would be back next week. I had a question to which I needed an answer, left a message and got no response. Now I know.

Blame it on the heat. You folks up North are not heat-acclimated like we Southerners are. You are suffering "Fried Brain Syndrome" . It is amusing to see all the news reporters spending lots of airtime talking about something that is quite normal for us

:beer

Blame it on the heat. You folks up North are not heat-acclimated like we Southerners are. You are suffering "Fried Brain Syndrome" . It is amusing to see all the news reporters spending lots of airtime talking about something that is quite normal for us

:beer

It's "quite normal" for Southerners to have "Fried Brain Syndrome"? That explains alot.:stick

:dance:dance:dance

I drive by the headqrtrs Mon-Fri on the way to the Gym.I could see cars there Mon.and Tues.,did not see any Wed.thru Fri. Rally is my guess to.:bottle

I agree with the threads author. They should be answering their phones or at least have a message saying they are closed, but it is also pretty simple to guess where they were and why they weren't returning calls.

Come to think of it, I didn't see them at the event either. I saw plenty of volunteers who were doing a great job, but I did have some questions that no one could answer for me. I was hoping for an "official" information booth where someone was on duty who knew all the answers, but I didn't see it. Perhaps there was one and I just didn't see it because of the copious number of people in the air conditioned buildings and not to mentioned my fried brain syndrome.

I must add that it was a great rally and a great site. The people of Bloomsburg were quite welcoming to their beautiful town. I had a lot of fun. The heat was unbearable, but you certainly can't blame that on anyone. Good job BMWMOA organizers and staff!

It's "quite normal" for Southerners to have "Fried Brain Syndrome"? That explains alot.:stick

:dance:dance:dance

No, "Fried Brain Syndrome" is normal for those residing above the "grit line" ("The North") when the temp gets above 80.

We are quite acclimated to heat. After all, this is the home of Tabasco sauce. :thumb

Temps in the 95-100 range are normal here with 80% humidity.

:wave

No, "Fried Brain Syndrome" is normal for those residing above the "grit line" ("The North") when the temp gets above 80.

We are quite acclimated to heat. After all, this is the home of Tabasco sauce. :thumb

Temps in the 95-100 range are normal here with 80% humidity.

:wave

Bulls*it!

I recall, as a young man in southern Indiana in the 1960s getting ready for a Friday night date, emerging from the shower, toweling off, and within ten minutes being as just as wet as I was when I got out of the shower.

Want to know the local weather anywhere... http://www.wunderground.com/

True...plenty of heat/humidity in southern states.
That's why folks go from their air conditioned homes, into their air conditioned cars to drive to the air conditioned mall...
The biggest complaints of the heat I heard came from a couple of gents from South Carolina...if my memory is good, it gets quite hot in their neck of the woods.
I'm from the frozen north...I kept to the shade, kept hydrated, and had a great rally!

True...plenty of heat/humidity in southern states.
That's why folks go from their air conditioned homes, into their air conditioned cars to drive to the air conditioned mall...
The biggest complaints of the heat I heard came from a couple of gents from South Carolina...if my memory is good, it gets quite hot in their neck of the woods.
I'm from the frozen north...I kept to the shade, kept hydrated, and had a great rally!

Let's be honest here, there wasn't enough shade to go around was there? Anyhow, for those of us who tent camped, it was the sleepless nights that were most unbearable. My neighbor's solution was to stay up all night drinking until they passed out. It worked out okay until they had to walk around the next day in the heat with a massive hangover.

It worked out okay until they had to walk around the next day in the heat with a massive hangover.

Well, ya see. .. there ya go! Once you venture down that road, yer not supposed to stop!
09.gif

Back