• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

moving the rally to the spring or fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice rhetoric. So that's what you got out of my posting? Still can't show me a successfull event that keeps moving it's dates around can you?
Rhetoric... Pfft.
As I see you missed my point(s). We have an audience.
We are a club. So there is no reason to try and draw the public in.
Besides...
I wasn't trying to appease someone as angry as you.

Sorry.

Rhetoric... Pfft.
As I see you missed my point(s). We have an audience.
We are a club. So there is no reason to try and draw the public in.
Besides...
I wasn't trying to appease someone as angry as you.

Sorry.

Not angry at all, I'm just waiting for some of you to prove your point with facts.
You looked at my posting and only saw the dates that had fixed locations ignoring the ones that move around the country like the MOA.
I don't see or hear about any large attendances so far supporting the late season regional rallies. Last week the Finger Lakes rally had terrible attendance in just about ideal weather conditions. Some of that could have been due to the problems in the New England areas. Still you would think that there would be enough of "cool weather, fall rally go'ers" to make up the difference. The facts are there wasn't.
So in my eye's you and others who want a floating date, or a date latter or earlier in the year have done a very poor job of supporting your position with facts.

Still can't show me a successfull event that keeps moving it's dates around can you?

as much as i appreciate your response in this thread the fact is your point of view is based on being a vendor. you need to be able to go to as many rallies as possible over the course of the summer to insure yourself the greatest amount of business. moving the rally from the set time frame it currently has may effect whether you can attend, not as member but as a vendor. skipping a rally of this size means loss of revenue to you so of course you want to see the rally held the same time every year. i have said it before and i will say it again, don't let the vendors decide when our rally should be held, let the membership make that decision.

if the goal of the rally is to get the largest amount of vendors to show up as possible then you can't beat holding the rally in the same place at the same time every year. if on the other hand the goal of the rally is to offer the general membership a new an interesting place to ride to every year, while offering them a large amount of vendors on any given site, then moving the rally site around the county, like is currently the policy, is a terrific idea. expanding on that idea would be to change the rally dates with the hope of providing the best mix of venue, weather and vendors in any given year.

Very Well Spoken nytrashman, Thank You!

as much as i appreciate your response in this thread the fact is your point of view is based on being a vendor. you need to be able to go to as many rallies as possible over the course of the summer to insure yourself the greatest amount of business. moving the rally from the set time frame it currently has may effect whether you can attend, not as member but as a vendor. skipping a rally of this size means loss of revenue to you so of course you want to see the rally held the same time every year. i have said it before and i will say it again, don't let the vendors decide when our rally should be held, let the membership make that decision.

if the goal of the rally is to get the largest amount of vendors to show up as possible then you can't beat holding the rally in the same place at the same time every year. if on the other hand the goal of the rally is to offer the general membership a new an interesting place to ride to every year, while offering them a large amount of vendors on any given site, then moving the rally site around the county, like is currently the policy, is a terrific idea. expanding on that idea would be to change the rally dates with the hope of providing the best mix of venue, weather and vendors in any given year.

+1, Gunny; outstanding points nytrashman, these are truly Words of Wisdom: "expanding on that idea would be to change the rally dates with the hope of providing the best mix of venue, weather and vendors in any given year."

This really is fascinating to me. Who suggested that the rally be held in one location? Not me! Yes I'm a vendor and a member. If I was thinking of myself I would join the rest of you. Every year I give up a large show in Carlisle Pa. ( which is 100 miles away from where I live) that's always the same date as the MOA national. Maybe I should get on the bandwagon like some of you, heck there aren't many shows in August so maybe I should start pushing for that time frame.
Apparently vendors are important to the membership or else there wouldn't be many shopping there. For many it's one of the few chances to see products that they only read about.
So since you too can't support your opinion with facts I would suggest the following; have the rally the first full week of June, the same time frame as Americade. Watch how many vendors sign up and watch how many attendees you'll get. I just wonder how many here would be left to pick up the pieces of what use to be a well attended national rally.

Not angry at all, I'm just waiting for some of you to prove your point with facts.
Some of that could have been due to the problems in the New England areas.
Still you would think that there would be enough of "cool weather, fall rally go'ers" to make up the difference.
The facts are there wasn't.

Make up the difference? Dude.
The region was under water.
VT, NY were devastated. Damn! "Check your facts!"

binghamtonflooding_20110908150546_640_480.JPG

Perhaps folks losing their homes, or worse their community, isn't that important to you...
...And the ability to turn a buck is the only important thing to you...
Stay in Americade selling to the Goldwing crowd.

Look. The simple fact that the National travels around the Country is a governing factor on attendance.
That's a Fact. How? Base it on population density.
So. You being in PA... You gonna drag your crap to say Seattle for 4 days of direct selling? I doubt it. Besides... If you can't schedule your rallies a year or two out...
Maybe it's you who needs the stationary repetitive rally.
So please... Enough of the "Facts requests". You really haven't produced too many either.
And the ones you think you did don't "hold water".

...And not everyone rides a GS since Rte 4 and 100S Killington are Just Gone.

LG9_9593.jpg

Might I suggest that this thread is ready for the dog house ?

I've followed this thread and a good number of points and facts have been presented, some from members and some from vendors. No sense in repeating them as any not in agreement with a very very select few will be slashed down by a righteous slashing sword.

A good point man aways occasionally glances back to check how many and how close his troops are following.

Bokrijder

Make up the difference? Dude.
The region was under water.
VT, NY were devastated. Damn! "Check your facts!"

Perhaps folks losing their homes, or worse their community, isn't that important to you...
...And the ability to turn a buck is the only important thing to you...
Stay in Americade selling to the Goldwing crowd.

Look. The simple fact that the National travels around the Country is a governing factor on attendance.
That's a Fact. How? Base it on population density.
So. You being in PA... You gonna drag your crap to say Seattle for 4 days of direct selling? I doubt it. Besides... If you can't schedule your rallies a year or two out...
Maybe it's you who needs the stationary repetitive rally.
So please... Enough of the "Facts requests". You really haven't produced too many either.
And the ones you think you did don't "hold water".

...And not everyone rides a GS since Rte 4 and 100S Killington are Just Gone.

This kind of reminds me with whats going on in national politics at the moment. You can't come up with facts to support your case so you try to cause as much rhetoric as possible to try to sway others into believing your position.
So here are couple more facts for you my friend; I'm completely aware of what happen in the area as my area too was hit by the some storm system. One of the vendors who was at the Finger Lakes can't get to his home in Vermont because the road is no longer there. So I really don't need you or anyone else to tell me how bad some of the areas are. A few years ago a tropical depression dump a huge amount of rain on the the Finger Lakes rally. It's my observation that more attended that rally then the one last week. My point was if there are so many people wanting a rally at cooler time of the year they would support their local or regional rallies by selling them out. That simply is not the case.
Oh, here's one more thing for you. I drag my "crap" all over the country, I was in Oregon last year. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. It would have been an experience of a lifetime!

Well everybody, we've had some 29 pages and 430 replies and a few Reported Posts on this thread. It seems things have gone too far off topic. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back