• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

FALL DAY RIDE AND COOKOUT FROM ATL TO WARNE NC NOV 5th

mheinze78

Thinking about cooler weather and fall collors? I am for sure.
I have access to a Pavillion with a fireplace and paved access just north 6 miles of Young Harris, GA.
The plans would to link up at Cleveland Ga at the Ingles Food and Fuel Store, take a spirited ride trough Helen on Hwy 75 to Hiawassee.
We, plan a cookout at a nominal fee per person.
Enjoy the fire and Bimmer talk.
I will furnish 2 great routes back to Atlanta metro depending on your domicile.

Both routes feature great elevations techinal riding and great views of Lake Chatuge and Burton. You will cross the Appalcian Trail and have access to Brasstown Bald, Georgia's Highest Mtn at 4784'

Hosts, Mark and Joan Heinze member 154543 K1200RS

:german
:eat

Photos soon to come

Last edited:
Sounds like a great ride,but why go back to Atlanta.Way to much traffic there..

Would be interested to meet up and attend as well. Will monitor the thread.

Last edited:
Provided I'm able to ride down, I'd be interested in this as well.

November 5th ride

Kemosabe, where have you been? Last time was the BMW campsite in Daytona 2010. You headed to Key west! Must be nice to be retired brother!.
I sold the R1200C for a little more ponies. Hope you can join us for a great ride in Ga and NC
:rofl

Kemosabe, where have you been? Last time was the BMW campsite in Daytona 2010. You headed to Key west! Must be nice to be retired brother!.
I sold the R1200C for a little more ponies. Hope you can join us for a great ride in Ga and NC
:rofl

Man, retirement is great! I made it on down to The Pirate Rally, and missed you at Bike Week this year!
Went over to The Chicken Rally and a fellow bought my bike! I have a GSA now, but sure miss my Cruiser! It was so danged comfy. But, I do love all the 'storage'!! I'll be keeping tabs on this thread!
Be well, Mark.

Kemo Sabe!

Reminder for Nov 2 ride & Cookout from Atlanta to Warne, NC

Hey greater ATL riders. We are still on for a nice cool ride and cookout.
I just placed a link in the "Membership Opportunities" for a cabin we have in MTN's and the pavillion for the cook out. When you get a chance give me a head count.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k561/2001Bimmer

Thanks, Mark
:usa

NOV 5th Ride. Looking for a rough head count

Hey folks, I wanted to see what we had out there as far as number of riders.
:wave

Moved to spring 2012

Appears either SEC football or the Honey Do list is interferring with attendance.
I will post a new date for the spring.
Happy motoring !!
:violin

Early Spring or anytime

Well, just came on line to read invitations for a fall bike ride. Just got back into riding again after flying to Boston first of November to pick up a RT1200. Road it back through the most beautiful country, catching the fall colors and great weather. I would enjoy joining in for a weekend ride or just a down and dirty quick trip to burn the webs off.

Back