• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

PA - 209 Delaware Water Gap Route?

beemeup

2009 R1200RT
I'm planning out my route to get to Bloomsburg and I was thinking I might come down route 209 from Kingston, NY to East Stroudsburg, PA as an alternative to
riding the super slab. Is this road heavily traveled? Will it take me all day to get
from Kingston, NY to Route 80 in PA on this road? Any tips would be appreciated, I'd be doing this next Wednesday. Thanks, Don

I'm not real familiar with 209 in NY but am not a big fan of PA 209, though you should be OK on a weekday. An alternative would be to take I-84 west from Port Jervis to PA 402 and head south. You'll join back up with PA 209 in Marshalls Creek and PA 402 is a really nice road and I generally make pretty good time on it since there isn't much traffic. It might add a little time but I've gone from SE PA to Rhinebeck, NY with a mix of slab and back roads and it doesn't take all day. You should have plenty of time to get to Bloomsburg.

Yeah, take 209 to Stroudsburg. Used to be a major truck route before I84 was complete. The truckers called it the Ho Chi Minh Trail or just "The Trail" -- I've been taking it since the early 70's. Good two lane south of Milford, trucks are banned from most of it now. It's especially nice through the park. Watch your speed, tends to be heavily patrolled 24/7.

Dunno about 209 north of I-84 (Port Jervis) though. Never been on it, but I have been on the highway between there and Kingston, NY. If I ever go that route route again, it WILL be on 209.

209 south from port jervis to stroudsburg would be my choice to get to I-80 where you can then slab it into bloomsburg

Another :thumb for 209. We took it last summer on our way to the RA Rally in Vermont. Its pretty well shaded for a nice cool ride...

Back