• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Chicago BMW Closing?

Holy Cow! I have ordered from them before, a little slow on the shipping but I knew they would be and with the awesome price it didn't bother me a bit.

Sorry to hear this.

Writing was on the wall when they opened Countryside BMW. Most of the employees from Chicago left to work at Countryside. Only been to both places once but as soon as I saw the new place I knew they were sunk.

I heard that yesterday as well from a pretty reliable source. Since Countryside opened I have been getting my service work done there because its now alot closer than Chicago.
I feel sorry for all the people who lost their jobs.

yup

just went to their website and it said goodbye and gave numbers to call for further info.

I found that if you go to one shop and are a good customer, pointing this out to them, asking for the discount on parts usually works.

Of course, having local competition helps.

From What I have heard the owner of Chicago BMW wanted it to fail. Looks like he got his wish after all. And so happy that Mike is working for Countryside. Nicest salesman you could ever meet!

I only had negative experiences with Chicago BMW. If others feel the same way I do, it is no surprise that they've failed.

I bought my first (and probably last) BMW from them last summer. I was not impressed with the dealership but my salesperson Mike Abt is a great guy. I continue to see and talk to him at Countryside where I get my service work done. Countryside seems to be a much better dealership in every way.

I rode to the store on my old R1100gs last year, spent 30 mins there, was the only customer and no-one even acknowledged my presence.
I'm with 83503 above, Milan and his crew offer excellent service.

Back