• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

are you familair with Lancaster County PA (Amish Stuff)

briana

I'll be coming through Lancaster on my way to the MOA Rally, If i had time for a quick hour ride around Lancaster County, where would you go to see Amish stuff. Just thinking i might be able to drive the back roads and see some buggies and interesting farm equiptment to take a few pics of. A loop from Lancaster back to Lancaster or slightly south to York would be great.

Thanks

With the exception of Lancaster city proper, you can't spit without hitting a buggy. They are everywhere. Be extra careful if you happen to be in Lancaster County on a Sunday as the roads are crowded with both buggies and vehicles. Routes 896, 741 and 324, along with the surrounding areas are good bets for what you're looking for.

Lots of Amish near Bloomsburg too, head to the E-W valleys that run parallel to I80, look for routes 880 and 192 W of Lewisburg.

amish routes

Rt 772 in Lancaster County is also a nice road to view Amish life. In the Bloomsburg area I'll second Pffog's recommendation of 192 and 880. I ride those two routes frequently when I ride to the Elk Creek Cafe and Ale Works which is located in Milheim. It is a beautiful mid Sunday morning ride as the Amish are working their way to attend worship services at local farms. I would tweak the route a a bit by riding Col John Kelly Road from Rt 15 to 192. Then continue on 192 to 445 to Milheim and Elk Creek. Middle Road between 880 and the village of Oval and Rt 44 is a fun roller coaster short cut. Rt 44 back to Rt 15 completes a nice loop. If one slabs I80 from Bloom you can be on Col John Kelly Road within a half hour.

Route 897 thru Lancaster and Lebanon Counties is a great route to see real Amish and Mennonite farms. This route will get you away from the touristy areas if you wish. Make sure to hop on 897 in Gap PA and follow north.

Her's a favorite break stop of mine;

http://www.franklinhousetavern.com/

Enjoy!!

Route 897 thru Lancaster and Lebanon Counties is a great route to see real Amish and Mennonite farms. This route will get you away from the touristy areas if you wish. Make sure to hop on 897 in Gap PA and follow north.

Her's a favorite break stop of mine;

http://www.franklinhousetavern.com/

Enjoy!!

Thank you for the recommendation on the Franklin House Tavern. I stopped there Sunday night on a return ride north. I ordered the Tavern Burger. IMHO the square in Schaefferstown is one of the prettiest in PA. Rt's 897 and 501 make for a nice ride.

Back