• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wisconsin Moto Guzzi Rally Aug 5th-7th

The last few years they've had some pretty good selections on the beer trailer.. I can't remember who's IPA they've had, but it's tasty!! Has a large "H" on the handle..

Then, typically Leinies, Leinies Red, Miller Lite, and something else that I can't remember.. Cans of Sharps are inside the trailer.. Just open the door and grab em'..

07wi42.jpg

If you're interested in camping near a bunch of us, we always camp straight back towards the boat storage gate, at the top of the hill, straight back from the tent, up the driveway.. Big group camping on both sides of the driveway.. I'm usually camped to the right of this driveway..

07wi64.jpg

Usually we save or make room for a campfire for sitting around and talking smart..:thumb

It's a small rally.. Usually around 300 folks. :dance

Just remember, Beer, coffee, soda, etc. are all included.. Usually they've got pretty good coffee, and it just takes a walk to the tent to get all you want..

I'm lazy.. I just use the cup they give you for everything.. :thumb

Although, I'm thinking about bringing my RA rally mug.. Holds more than the standard Guzzi glass.. I have a dozen or so, so I actually checked..:drink

The LAST thing I'd turn down is the offer of homebrew, but just remember that the beer wagon is cold, close and free.. You could hide the homebrew in there, too..:dunno

Nobody said anything, it's all text!
Haha!

Packing tonight and looking at roads.
Wheeeeee!
:dance

Well, my favorite route is to wander to Argyle, WI and from there head west on 81 for a 1/4 mile, and then jump on County G.. Go through Fayette, over to 23, and head south for a mile, jumping back on County G...

Stay on it until you go past a big Alfalfa Farm, down the hill, to Bethel Grove road. Ride that a couple miles north, right to the rally entrance..

Lots of nice sweepers, as well as a bunch of nice 25 mph corners..

If you come into Belmont, you've gone a couple miles too far.. :brad

For those who are wondering, Jim (Check 6) is supposed to be released from UW Hospital today.. Sounds like he's going to be a sore pup for a few weeks, but all in all, he's in very good shape..

Another case where gear saved a life.. Without a helmet, I seriously doubt I'd be passing on such good news..

Cool. Saw the RS (I think) come in on a trailer, nose was pushed in.
Hope the healing goes well.

For those who are wondering, Jim (Check 6) is supposed to be released from UW Hospital today.. Sounds like he's going to be a sore pup for a few weeks, but all in all, he's in very good shape..

Another case where gear saved a life.. Without a helmet, I seriously doubt I'd be passing on such good news..

Hope he heals quick!

Back