• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Women Who Ride!

Voni

sMiling
Staff member
10:15 AM – 11:45 AM
Under the Grandstands

Women Who Ride Panel Discussion

- a seminar hosted by Voni Glaves, Mileage Contest winner and believer in MAGIC,
will this year include
Susanna Parkhouse, a world traveler;
Melissa Holbrook Pierson, author of THE PERFECT VEHICLE;
Mary Delorey, sharing the pillion perspective;
Karen Thompson, experienced tour guide,
Karen Jacobs the 2010 2nd place Mileage Contest Winner about her solo trip to Alaska and
YOU.
Expect a surprise visitor or two along the way.

11:45 PM – 12:15 PM
Under the Grandstands
Women Riders Meet and Greet
After the Women Who Ride session join the panelists and others in the audience for an informal sharing of experiences.

My FAvorite Seminar at the National! We always finish with your story of meeting goals, setting new ones, and celebrating the fun we find on two wheels.

Hope to see you there!

Voni
sMiling

Right. Saturday. And 10:15 to 11:45. So we have time to meet and greet afterwards.

Voni
sMiling

Will miss you all!

I won't be coming East this year. Have a great time and let those of us who can't be there know what you found the most interesting and inspiring!!!

Lisa
R1200ST
Triumph Street Triple
Piaggio MP3 500
and Autocom SW Distributor's Representative
lisa@autocomdirect.com

I'll be there!

We have the most amazing women in the BMW MOA who are willing to share their passions. Be sure to check the seminar schedule for this and more.

Thanks, Becky!

Voni
sMiling

Thank you Voni and all the amazing women on your panel for another very inspiring seminar. I have come away from each of these with new goals and a feeling of camaraderie. You ladies are the best:hug

+1 on the kudos!:thumb You meet the most interesting women and then you're generous enough to introduce them to the rest of us! Thanks Voni! It was a great seminar!
I'm only sorry that Ardys wasn't there but I ran into her later that day and introduced myself - one of my biggest thrills of the rally! I had donated to her million mile fund but had never met her - she needs to team up with you Voni and have a seminar for the ages!
Thanks for organizing it!
:beer

Voni,

Sorry I missed this! I was looking forward to meeting you and some of the other women of this forum but couldn't get away from the track to attend.

Regardless, I had an incredible week, made new friends, sweated off 5 lbs. and can't wait to do it all again!

I too enjoyed the womens seminar hosted by Voni. It inspired me and my partner to just get out there and go for it. So what if there is no guy to ride with. Between your guests and the demonstration by "Skert" we came away with a new sense of confidence and wonder to get out there and see the world.

We have also decided to stop listening to the naysayers :fight that always try to derail our thoughts about riding. We have put the "what if's" away after listening to Helen TwoWheels tell her story about parking a trailer on a hill in San Fran. That was hilarious! I think she needs her own hour at the rally. Does she have a book out? She should.

Thanks again for all your hard work :kiss and bringing all of us together to listen to these inspiring stories! That's what we really need to hear more of rather than the family and friends who tell us we are crazy for riding motorcycles. We already know we are crazy but it's better than sitting in a chair watching the world go by. I'd rather view it from my saddle!:dance

Thank you all, sincerely.

As nervous as I get appearing before a crowd, I consider this seminar to be so important, I do it anyway. You all are the stars!

As to Ardys, by next year she and I will belong to the unique group of two millionaire BMW Women riders. You bet we'll have our own seminar. A million sMiles. Wow.

Voni
sMiling still

The Best

I too enjoy the Women Who Ride seminar and try not to miss it! This year's was no exception!!! After that I went away to the oil change venue where I volunteer and got to tell and help a guy airhead rider how to change his oil for his first time! That's a first! The seminars are empowering!!!!! Oh yeah....errr....so I learn something each time at Paul's tech session seminars too. Thanks Paul!!

I can't believe that I missed Ardy's over 4 days??!! She must have been hiding under the one tree in the shade??!! Or I was walking with my head down too much thinking cool thoughts!

I too enjoy the Women Who Ride seminar and try not to miss it! This year's was no exception!!! After that I went away to the oil change venue where I volunteer and got to tell and help a guy airhead rider how to change his oil for his first time! That's a first! The seminars are empowering!!!!! Oh yeah....errr....so I learn something each time at Paul's tech session seminars too. Thanks Paul!!

I can't believe that I missed Ardy's over 4 days??!! She must have been hiding under the one tree in the shade??!! Or I was walking with my head down too much thinking cool thoughts!

I got the coolest thank you note from someone who said her favorite speaker was MicroSleep Woman! Thanks for sharing what could be a life saving experience!

Voni
sMiling

Thanks!

Aw shucks, Voni, t'was nothin'. LOL!! Actually, I'm like you...nervous but I figured it was worth it to maybe save someone from my mistakes. "Just get outta this chair and do it"!! Do you ever sorta can't remember what you said? Probably because of the nervousness thing. Apologies to Dr. Don Arthur!!!

Just wanted to publicly thank our panelists and share a little of the fun we had. When Karen Thompson and Alisa Clickenger (of AVID Tours for women) couldn't make it to Bloomsburg because of family issues, I asked Muriel Farrington to fill in. She was able to share some of the joys of being a club official, and how you too can represent us. We are really blessed to have great women doing just that locally and nationally in our BMW MOA.

P1230986.jpg

Melissa Pierson, author of one of my favorite books of all time, THE PERFECT VEHICLE read to us from her upcoming book THE MAN WHO WOULD STOP AT NOTHING
http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-393-07904-3

P1230990.jpg

Susanna Parkhouse shared some of her travel adventures in farflung places:

P1230993.jpg

Mary Delorey gave one of the best presentations I've ever heard from the pillion perspective.

P1230996.jpg

Fresh from Camp G.E.A.R.S. our youngest panel member, Lisa Hatch shared her joy at moving to the rider position with just 50 or so miles under her belt. She's traveled cross country with her Mom, even has been a cover girl on the AMA magazine, but now she has a gorgeous Ninja of her own that she's training.

P1240005.jpg

Rounding out the panel, Karen Jacobs, the instigator of our Women Who Ride area of our Forum and 2nd place Mileage Contest Winner for 2010 told us about riding to Alaska SOLO!

P1240006.jpg

And as is traditional at the seminar, women from the audience shared their trials and triumphs with us who appreciate each most of all!

More pictures start here with our own Queen, H2W:

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Saturday/?action=view&current=P1240012.jpg

Wish you'd been there too!

Voni
sMiling

Last edited:
Back