• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New Ride Reports forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
BradfordBenn said:
Either way, a Garmin not branded BMW is just as good and usually less expensive.

Brad,

As far as I know, the only difference is that the BMW Navigator (Garmin SPIII) has the BMW dealer GPS locations installed.

Question: can these be updated and if so, can they also be downloaded from the unit to MapSource and then transfered to another Garmin unit?

I cannot figure out BMWs ahole mentality as to keeping the dealer GPS locations secretive. They should all be downloadable from the BMW Motorrad site for every country they operate in. Like they don't want me to know where their dealers are. :dunno

Daytona bound..

Well,the bike's all packed,just checkin'the weather maps,( temp is 8 below) and am ready to hop on,and fire theol'bumblebeemer up,and hopefully be in Daytona by the weekend. It's just shy of 1900 miles from my place,so the first couple of days're gonna be interesting. See ya down there :clap Nose

Temp high

Sunday we had the high tempature for the state, 68 degrees, WOW!... Usually its rain this time of year however we will pay for it come summer, water problems, forest fires and next falll short on electricty. For now we do appreciate the spring flowers.

Attachments

• 02_27_05 024sml.jpg
    02_27_05 024sml.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 698
Oznay said:
Well,the bike's all packed,just checkin'the weather maps,( temp is 8 below) and am ready to hop on,and fire theol'bumblebeemer up,and hopefully be in Daytona by the weekend. It's just shy of 1900 miles from my place,so the first couple of days're gonna be interesting. See ya down there :clap Nose

Travel safe

Bruce,

You really ought to submit that picture for the picture of the week. There's a link on the main MOA page.

Trailer Week

Well kids,am happy to report that I RODE every inch of the way t'Daytona,and back,coverin'just a tick less than 5000 miles,and when i got home,and looked out towards the river,counted 6 vehicles parked on the river ice fishing. Was a blast,screamin'past the loaded trucks,with full dressers,bein'carefully transported,so they wouldn't get dirty,and perish the thought of actually RIDNG them,i mean,the weather has to be suitable for muscle shirts'n'shorts,no?
Getting stranded for 3 nights,waitin'out a late season snow storm only added to the overall adventure. This was my third time attendin';the goings on at Daytona,and I'm proud t'say,I RODE,each and every time,and in 2 weeks,I'll be celebrating my 60th B/day....Nose
ps,if i could figure out how t'add pics,i would,cuz i've got some dandy's...

I can vouch for Oznay making it to BCubed. What stories he had to tell!

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• OznayE.Jpg
    OznayE.Jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 639
nose kix booty

nose - if i had a hat, it would be off in your honor.
you r one crazy dude (i mean that with all respect).
with the lack of authority divested in me as el dookey i dub thee King O' The Rounders. which doesn't mean a heck of lot come payday, but who knows you might get a coffee mug or a sticker or something.
good on you and you winter ride. so, you gonna expand on the 3 days stranded part of the story or are we supposed to imagine?
ps - adding pics is easy. in fact there is a how to thread in the "how do i?" department. we want pics...we want pics....we want pics....

Stranded...

undefined
Well,on the return ride,I ran into a wall of snow,( heavy wet stuff) which required wipin'my face shield'bout every 10 seconds,and the inside was not only foggin'up,but icin'up as well. After 10 miles,I came to a toll booth,and the woman there said I was in the worst of it ( yeah,right), and that I'd be out of it in 19 miles? Anyway,70 miles later, I did get out of the snow,but by then it was gettin'dark,and I'd had enough,so grabbed a room,in Tomah, Wisconsin. I woke up in the middle of the night,flipped the Weather Channel on,and noticed a band of white,from Minneapolis,right'cross where I was,and when I opened the drapes,I saw'bout 3 inches of the white stuff,coverin'the ground. it snowed all night,and the next day,to the tune of over a foot,so, goin'anywhere would've been suicide,therefore, i was forced to stay till it blew over,then was able to continue,and made it home that night. IF I can attach some pics,I will. If not,I'll have to get a third grader over t'show me what t'do...Nose

ps. guess I'll have to make a call,and get that 3rd gradewr over,and walk me thru the process of downsizin'my pic... :dunno

pics

Well,here's hopin'!
Sendin'a pic of my scoot,on the mornin'I was leavin',plus a couple of shots from the motel I was stranded at,in Wisconsin....Nose

Attachments

• Test shots 256.jpg
    Test shots 256.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 655
'nother pic...

Guess one at a time's better than none at all...Nose

Attachments

• Test shots 299.jpg
    Test shots 299.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 658
snow snow snow

If ya look closely,u can see my'lil'magnetic heater I had bungeed to my oil tank,t'make sure the'ol'bumblebeemer'd start. Had a 1 amp charger,t'help the battery as well...Nose

Attachments

• Test shots 300.jpg
    Test shots 300.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 651
Wanna thank Voni

Voni's responsible for makin'it possible for me to be able to show u these pics,and I wanna give her credit for makin'it happen....Nose

Wow, looks like a cold ride.

I just got back from a little vacation myself. I bought a R1100 S from my little brother on my way down to Southern California to see my sister. My test ride was a beautiful few hundred miles in the foot hills below Yosemite, where I grew up, with my Dad on his RT and my little bro on his new sporty Yamaha. The valley itself was very rainy, but the rest of the ride was sunny, clear and beautiful. We stopped by the Merced river outside of Mariposa for lunch.

Since I had to take a tile saw and some other tools down to my sisters, I popped the S in the back of my truck and took it with me. My sis was focused on the tile job, but I was able to pry her loose for a short time. She has a little old NightHawk which she rode along for a short tour of Hwy 1. It looks like mudslides have attacked some portions of the road recently, but it was still a gorgeous ride, with the sun setting over the Pacific a few hundred feet to our right. :brow

My dad road his RT down to see how we were doing with our tiling. He also agreed to go for a little Harbor tour with me on our bikes. Unfortunately it was pouring down rain on the trip back to Yosemite. We were a cute little caravan though. Father in front on a RT and Daughter behind with a silver S in a silver toyota tacoma, in the pouring rain, over the Grapevine.

I'm back in Oregon now, back at work, but getting a little ride in every day. I'm new to this touring thing, but I'm just giddy with the possibilities. :D
Next time I'll be leaving the truck at home.

Last edited:
Trailer

Rich said:
What is it? It looks pretty cool behind that bike.
A buddy of mine in Winnipeg used t'make these lil'trailers,and they're great,weighin'only 60 pounds,empty,and like the sayin'goes,ya can't even tell yer pullin'one......Nose

weekend ride to Maine

Was fortunate enough to sneek away this weekend from albany area of NY through Mass. on rt. 2 over the mountains to portsmouth,NH. Its been a long winter and felt great to be riding on asphalt rather than snowmobiling the Adirondacks.My wife and myself had some fresh seafood sat. evening then sun. morning crossed into Maine and headed for home over rt. 4 through NH into Concord then rt.9 through VT. There were a lot of bikes out this weekend enjoying the 70 degree weather with very few bugs.Looking forward to many more rides this summer including taking a week off work to go to my 1st international rally in Lima,OH. Can anyone tell me what can be expected at the rally. Ive been to loudon in the past and it was pretty rowdy I would expect the crowd to be a lot more mellow. Should I preregister or can I register when I get there? ps. Im new to the forum and I type real slow. :)

PUMPPEDDLER said:
Can anyone tell me what can be expected at the rally. Ive been to loudon in the past and it was pretty rowdy I would expect the crowd to be a lot more mellow. Should I preregister or can I register when I get there? ps. Im new to the forum and I type real slow. :)

I would recommend preregistering and it helps the process to know how many people are coming. It will be a blast, there is lots of information over in the
Rally Section of the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back