• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Broken down just outside Louisville

C

czucker

I'm on a road trip on my K75 with my buddy on an old '75 Honda CB 750 and we've hit some trouble. He lost his oil cap and it seems like the hot oil hosed the tube in his rear tire. We're waiting for a tow truck on the side of I-65 as I write this.

Wondering if anyone knows of somebody in Louisville who works on old Hondas (i.e. Might have an oil cap and a tube)?

Thanks,
Chris

Dunno which way you're headed, but I'm just south of Indy and have some old CB550's in my garage. You're welcome to an oil cap off of one of them - assuming it'll fit.
If it doesn't fit, we can machine a plug for him on my lathe - piece of cake to do.

We're headed back up to NYC, but I just might take you up on that if we can't find anything in town.

We just got a tow to the local HD dealer (also the BMW dealer here!). They might have some advice as well.

If not, any thought on improvising?

Thanks!
Chris

Yup - know right where you're at - just south of downtown off of I-65.

If they can't help you, let me know and I can get the plug and inner tube to you. Can bring some tire irons along as well. If they are open tomorrow, gotta believe they can help you out.

If not, gimme a call.

Eric

Back