• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Didn't ride there, but it was still extremely cool!!

GSBikeKev

Qualified Fecal Stirrer
So, I was taking a couple weeks off in Germany after a 90 day tour in Iraq. My family came over to meet me. We had an extensive and intense schedule, planned for every day of the trip. The day we were to leave the Edelwiess Lodge in Garmisch to go to the BMW Motorcycle museum in Munich, but I kept seeing an increasing number of BMW motorcycles. I freaked out when I saw a K1200RS silver and blue invasion striped just like mine and followed him to the 2011 Motorrad Days. Little did I know I was right beside the largest BMW get together in Europe!! It was awesome! My son and I walked around the pace and had a blast. I loved it and will be wearing the T-shirt at the Rally in Bloomsburg, Pa. There were dirt bikes running on a track, stunt riders, tons of vendors, and of course the wonder smells of roasting chicken and wurst and oh yeah, the BEER! Oh well, maybe I'll catch the BMW Museum next time. I feel I made the right decision:D

photo.php
[/IMG][/IMG]

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

I freaked out when I saw a K1200RS silver and blue invasion striped just like mine and followed him to the 2011 Motorrad Days. Little did I know I was right beside the largest BMW get together in Europe!!
It is great! I've been there twice and was going to this year, but some family stuff came up and I had to pass. It's only an 8 hour drive from where I live in Holland and it's a nice long weekend in the Alps. If you're in Europe around the first July weekend, be sure to visit Garmisch.

Hotel tip: it's next to impossible to find a place for a decent amount of money around Garmisch. In Germany that is. But it's right next to Austria and when you pop over the border, there are very nice guest houses. I stayed in one, just 20 minutes drive from Garmisch for Ôé¼35 a night. Brilliant view and very nice people. You can find it easily through Google Maps.

You can't get links to show pictures on the forum if they don't end in a .jpg extension. Unfortunately, I can't even look at the pages you're trying to link to on Facebook. You can upload your photos to one of the photo sites like Flickr and then get a link with a .jpg extension and link it here. For example, the image links below look like
http://darryl.crafty-fox.com/mcpics/2009/europe/BMWBikerMeeting/slides/P7037752.JPG

Also, consider resizing your photos to a reasonable size. If they're teeny tiny, you can't see any detail. But if they're huge, most people won't be able to see the whole picture at once. The ones below are 800x600, which is a reasonable compromise on the web.

I was able to spend a couple days at the BMW Motorrad Days in 2009. 30,000 BMW fans watching and doing and riding. As Mike says, it's impossible to get a room, I started looking in March. I also ended up getting a room just over the border into Austria for a very reasonable price.

P7037752.JPG

P7037749.JPG

P7047781.JPG

P7047796.JPG

P7047783.JPG

Anybody know this guy?

I met this gentleman at the Rally, but lost his name. He gave me some stickers and patches. Anyone know who he is or have an e-mail?

DSC_0175.jpg

I was able to spend a couple days at the BMW Motorrad Days in 2009. 30,000 BMW fans watching and doing and riding.
The Motorrad Days are brilliant! I was there in 2009 too, the rain was terrible. It turned the campsite into a mudbath (that's why I opted for the hotel the next year). The pool of mud shown in the picture above proved to be a challenge for a lot of people on a GS... I saw a couple of them go down as they thought they could cross it easily on their 'offroad capable' machines. I crossed it on my RT without a problem, it just takes a smooth throttle hand ;)

Next year I'll be there again! The nice thing is that in 2009 I got invited by a group of German RT owners for their annual get-together in a nearby village. I didn't know these people, but it was great fun! I now have a standing invitation to their little rally. Very nice people and always fun to meet like minded people from other countries.

Back