• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Back order Times

Meriden

Looking for some general experiences with back order times. I have three parts on order for a 2007 G650XCH, one came in immediately, the other two are on back order and my dealer tells me they are at the mercy of the distributor and can't get an ETA. I have a couple of travel commitments coming up so any experiences good, bad or indifferent are appreciated.

Looking for some general experiences with back order times. I have three parts on order for a 2007 G650XCH, one came in immediately, the other two are on back order and my dealer tells me they are at the mercy of the distributor and can't get an ETA. I have a couple of travel commitments coming up so any experiences good, bad or indifferent are appreciated.
Hi Mike, curious as to what the parts are. As a consumer of lots of parts for the fleet I maintain-I have found less and less parts stocked. I have found that if part is in stock it is a part that is in constant demand. With the current economy, there isn't much extra money being spent by dealers to have the stock they used to.
You don't mention where you are located but a check of the larger dealers (if it's a BMW part) that are really pushing the mail order business might help. Gary

Also, if you need a part ASAP, and it's not on the shelf of your local dealer, ask them to check their system to see if another dealer has one. A few weeks ago I did just that. A part for my 88 R100 RT is NLA, and they checked the system and located two dealers with at least one on the shelf. I called the closest and they shipped the part to me.

I'm waiting on a radiator for a 2007 Cross Challenge. I'm in South Texas and trading with Lone Star in Austin. They have a good reputation and have followed up with me four times in the past week. I believe that they will not leave this on the back burner so I was trying to develop an idea of general lead time from the experiences of MOA members.

The Houston dealership sells BMWs and Triumphs. I asked if they had one in stock when getting parts for my elderly Triumph (gotta have something to ride.) Their story echoed the idea that expensive, slow moving items would not be in inventory, as it should be.

I'm not sure if this radiator fits the other G650 models or not. Too bad the original was a complete loss.

Thanks

I'm waiting on a radiator for a 2007 Cross Challenge. Too bad the original was a complete loss.

Thanks
My guess is that would be a toughie. I'll bet they've never sold on. (another good question when it comes to parts-"when is the last time you sold one". Good luck, Gary

Too bad the original was a complete loss.

COMPLETE, as in scrunched up into an unrecognizable wad?

No chance a good, old-fashioned, radiator shop couldn't resurrect it?

Close to it...

DSCN0548.jpg

I sent an email to the dealership and the owner got involved. I'll pick up the radiator on Thursday and could do it sooner if not for my schedule. He expects that the guard may be in from Germany by that time as well. I have got to hand it to Lone Star, great people! I may still send the damaged radiator to Myler's just to have a spare. Lmo1131 spured me to do some research and I found that Myler's is very popular with the off-road crowd.

Back