Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GT on Steriods

No longer a member here
    The new 16 was designed in Germany. By Germans. It is made in Germany. BMWs biggest market is in Germany. Most 16s will be sold in Germany.
    So why, please, should the preferences of an U.S. American touring rider dictate what the ergonomics and performance of the bike should be?

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzohr View Post
    The new 16 was designed in Germany. By Germans. It is made in Germany. BMWs biggest market is in Germany. Most 16s will be sold in Germany.
    So why, please, should the preferences of an U.S. American touring rider dictate what the ergonomics and performance of the bike should be?
    Excellent Comment - completely agree!!
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar

I Love my Gisele, my new red K1600GT!

Quote Originally Posted by Semper_Fi View Post
    Excellent Comment - completely agree!!
    All I know is that I have been riding BMW continuously since March of 1969 and my new K1600GT "Gisele" puts a smile on my face that lasts all day. Man I love this machine, I just went out to the garage to look at her again, sitting between my R11GS and my RT.
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

The only thing I know if I had the dollars and if they were available there would be one sitting in my garage right now. I love my RT, truly one of the best bikes I have ever owned and I should have never test ridden a 1600. Not sure if it would be a GT or the GTL as I only tested a GTL.
    Last week in Bloomsburg most of the people who test rode the 1600's had pretty big smiles on their faces. I fully warned two friends of mine who both own late model boxers that they should be prepared to buy a 1600 after their demo ride.
    That night that's all they talked about was how great these machines were, totally impressed with the performance and comfort.
    Yesterday my service manger tells me about service which for the most part is just fluid changes. That's another big plus.
    I can only hope by this time next year that the 1600 will have FD failures, connecting rods coming through the block, clutches blowing up, just something that will change my mine. If not, I'm just going to have to buy one!

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.

Unhappy

I sat on a GTL at Bloomsburg last week and it felt really good even with my short inseam. I forced myself to not ride it because I knew I would not be happy with anything else when I got back. The red, white and blue one at the rally was the most attractive one I saw. It really stood in the crowd.

There were far more 1600s at the rally than I expected. Did everyone who bought one come to the rally?
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    I sat on a GTL at Bloomsburg last week and it felt really good even with my short inseam. I forced myself to not ride it because I knew I would not be happy with anything else when I got back. The red, white and blue one at the rally was the most attractive one I saw. It really stood in the crowd.

There were far more 1600s at the rally than I expected. Did everyone who bought one come to the rally?
    What's the use of buying one if you can't show it off to your peers...at a BMW rally no less!
    Steve W
    Canton, MI USA
    2012 K 1600 GT (from 8/6/2011)