• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ian Camps near Daytona

Sue

Friend of the Marque
Ian Schmeisser just sent me this picture of his camping spot near Daytona. Looks like a little piece of paradise to me. :)

He asked me to post this and tell everyone "Hi"

Attachments

• IanCamp3-10.jpg
    IanCamp3-10.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 268
lorazepam said:
Yeah , till a gator comes out of that pond and drags him and the tent back in

thanks loraz as I look at another 2" of fresh white powder.
:thumb

must... look... away........too much sun.....sun bad, gray skies good.....sun bad, snow good........sun bad, cold good......must look away

lorazepam said:
Yeah , till a gator comes out of that pond and drags him and the tent back in

Yep. Gators big. But they won't get you. Wait till you see the size of our coons! (Hide your food.) :uhoh Florida scary.

Ever seen a palmetto bug and a coon get in a fight over a piece of bologna? It is something to see.

Lol!

lorazepam said:
Ever seen a palmetto bug and a coon get in a fight over a piece of bologna? It is something to see.

Gators... palmetto bugs... racoons... I was *camping!*

A complete "The back way to Bikeweek" report is coming, but right now I must attend to paying customers.

Here is a higher res version of my campsite... not a Harley, or anyone else for that matter, within earshot. :)

Ian

bikeweek_campsite.jpg

Ian, I missed you on my ride this past Saturday. This is the upper end of the valley above San Pellegrino (where the bottled water comes from):

valley.jpg

Your friends at Brembo said hi. Imagine going to work at this "office" every day:

brembo.jpg

;)

neglected

I feel so neglected, I only got to ride up AZ89 and AZ89A to Jerome, Az this weekend. And I did find snow at 7000' near Strawberry for all my fellow rounders. :wave

Crap. I was stuck with another miserable ride up and down Pacific Coast Highway again. Somebody's gotta do something about all those corners. :brow

Ian camps in Daytona

I just got back from Daytona yesterday. I camped out 2 days in Ocala Nat. Forest at Lakeshore campground, which is about 4 miles NE of Silver Springs off highway 40. Looks like the same place. Had a great time camping with my sister and her boyfriend and about 40 of there friends. Had and even better time in Daytona for bikeweek. 2001 was the last time I was there. The week before I was in Toronto, On. in a blizzard; it was easy to decide to go bike week. Barry

barryg said:
I just got back from Daytona yesterday. I camped out 2 days in Ocala Nat. Forest at Lakeshore campground, which is about 4 miles NE of Silver Springs off highway 40. Looks like the same place.

This was my old secret place! Most excellent still, too. There is some great camping in these parts.

More about that in the ride report.

Ian

Back