Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zumo 660 Media Capacity??

Zumo

Thanks for the info, Lee. I'm in the process of converting my files now and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

MP3 Conversion for Zumo

Hello again,

Sorry to be late with feedback, but I had to go out of town for last week and didn't get everything finished before I left.

The Sound Switch program worked great. When it "converts" the files it actually makes a copy of the .wma file as an MP3 file, so you wind up with two files of everything, which is ok. I went through and deleted all the original .wma files so there were only MP3 files to copy over to the Zumo. I had everything organized in folders according to artist or genre and it goes a lot faster if you 'Add' folders one at a time in Sound Switch and then clear them out when each one has finished being converted before adding the next one. You wind up with the converted songs listed individually in your music library outside of the folders you have created (assuming you had them organized that way). So I deleted the .wma songs in each folder after they had been converted and then cut and pasted the MP3 songs back into the appropriate folder. I saw no reason to have both types. Then I copied all the folders over to the Zumo, took it out to the bike and put it in its cradle, plugged in my earbuds and listened to the music. I now have 510 songs to listen to and adding more will be pretty simple.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.
    Last edited by beemerpilot; 07-16-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: left out something

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by beemerpilot View Post
    Hello again,

Sorry to be late with feedback, but I had to go out of town for last week and didn't get everything finished before I left.

The Sound Switch program worked great. When it "converts" the files it actually makes a copy of the .wma file as an MP3 file, so you wind up with two files of everything, which is ok. I went through and deleted all the original .wma files so there were only MP3 files to copy over to the Zumo. I had everything organized in folders according to artist or genre and it goes a lot faster if you 'Add' folders one at a time in Sound Switch and then clear them out when each one has finished being converted before adding the next one. You wind up with the converted songs listed individually in your music library outside of the folders you have created (assuming you had them organized that way). So I deleted the .wma songs in each folder after they had been converted and then cut and pasted the MP3 songs back into the appropriate folder. I saw no reason to have both types. Then I copied all the folders over to the Zumo, took it out to the bike and put it in its cradle, plugged in my earbuds and listened to the music. I now have 510 songs to listen to and adding more will be pretty simple.

I'm jealous!

Spent an hour at Best Buy the other day with a Geek. It appears I will still be limping out to Bloomsburg with only 91 songs.

Oh well - at least I should know the lyrics quite well by next Thursday!

PS: Imagine if we could lure GARMIN out to one of our National Rallies (2012?!) for several 'tech sessions,' and members could submit questions/issues ahead of time, so that a platform of explanations could be created!
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle & High Performance Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Quote Originally Posted by beemerpilot View Post
    Hello again,
    Then I copied all the folders over to the Zumo, took it out to the bike and put it in its cradle, plugged in my earbuds and listened to the music. I now have 510 songs to listen to and adding more will be pretty simple.

Glad you got it working OK. It's a common error to try to get the Zumo to play .wma files. It simply doesn't recognize that file type, but does fine with .mp3s.

Lee