• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Finding Coffee in the Morning

B

beachdancer

This will be my first time at the national rally, and my first time camping in many years. Will I be able to find coffee within walking distance of the camping, or should I buy and bring a stove and coffee set up? Are any of the food vendors open early for breakfast, or are any of the university facilities available?

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting new people.

Early coffee:)

The 'moa coffee crew is usually up way ahead of everybody, around 4:30ish making brew. I camped right nearby those guys in Redmond, so I saw 'em hard at it:). Making camp coffee is easy nowadays too, with so many options out there. Some like the routine of doing their own at tentside. Works for many. JetBoil here and HOT water is a minute away:). Randy

6?

Man, many of us, older especially are awake well before 6. I'm up now for quite a while and its 5 something and been light for 30+ minutes. Must get daybreak back there later:). No worries, just poking at ya in PA.. I'll be along:) I know the coffee crew is an early bunch, working hard at making gallons and gallons of the kickstarter brew. :usa:thumbRandy

Just walk around with your empty cup and a zombie look on your face.Someone will fill it or point you in the right direction.Plus you can volunteer for the coffee crew and be there when it is made.Ed

See you there, Beachdancer

This will be my first time at the national rally, and my first time camping in many years. Will I be able to find coffee within walking distance of the camping, or should I buy and bring a stove and coffee set up? Are any of the food vendors open early for breakfast, or are any of the university facilities available?

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting new people.

Beachdancer,

I'll keep an eye out for you, hope to see you there. Maybe you'll be interested in www.helensbadges.com so I can spot you!

Mark MacRae
Marblehead, MA

When traveling I always take my own. Small stove & pan ....ground beans & a french press.
That way I've got my good strong coffee and don't have to drink that weak-sister stuff most people call coffee. :)

I've got a French wife though...and she's got me trained that unless the spoon will stand in the coffee it's not worth drinking. Also....unless cheese smells really bad it's not worth eating. Guess I'll just have to admit it...I'm spoiled.

Ken

When traveling I always take my own. Small stove & pan ....ground beans & a french press.
That way I've got my good strong coffee and don't have to drink that weak-sister stuff most people call coffee. :)

I've got a French wife though...and she's got me trained that unless the spoon will stand in the coffee it's not worth drinking. Also....unless cheese smells really bad it's not worth eating. Guess I'll just have to admit it...I'm spoiled.

Ken

But the cheese isn't.:laugh That's what is important. Also, if the wine doesn't makes your teeth grow, it is not good wine. Just some things I picked up from Bernard , The Cheeseworker of Carpentras.

Back