• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Track Days in the Chicago Area

King

"Enthusiast"
Anyone interested in participating in a track day in the Chicago area can check out www.privatetracktime.com. Leon does a good job organizing these events. Several of us "BMW Types" did this last season. The sessions were professionally run and reasonably priced. Blackhawk Farms is north of Rockford, IL and Autobahn is a new facility near the NASCAR track in Joliet. The schedule:
May 25 Blackhawk
June 23 Autobahn
July 2-3 Weekend at Blackhawk
July 27 Blackhawk
September 8th Autobahn

June 8 True Novice track day Blackhawk (Tentative)
August 31 True Novice track day Blackhawk

Also, Keith Code has a session scheduled at Autobahn around the first of August.

Howdy...Are you a member of the Chicago Region BMW Owners Association?
Guess' are always welcomed!!!

Here's a link to the club site:::: http://www.crbmw.org/index.htm

I've been a member for a few years now and the club also has an outing planned for Gingermann Race way in Michigan.

C-YA Rich

BMWRich58 said:
I've been a member for a few years now and the club also has an outing planned for Gingermann Race way in Michigan.

C-YA Rich

A bunch of us Midwesterners did a track day at Gingerman and it was a blast.
:thumb

Hey Rich,

Thanks. I'm not a member of Chicago Region. I'm a "Displaced Dink"... just an old founding member of the Dinky Dozen from Bloomington, IL. I'm still active with them (Director, Newsletter Editor) even thought I live up in this area. I've gotten to know some of your club members over the years, though. I may pop in for a meeting sometime. Are Joe and Alice still doing "First Fridays?"

Nice job converting your PD.

King

King's also a founding member of the recently formed (November 2004) Knights of the Roundel BMW Riders, BMW MOA Chartered Club #333. The Knights will be on "Crusade" to the Dogwood Trail Rally the first weekend in April.

Riding Like the Wind...

Sir CHASMAN
Knight
Black '02 K12RS

***** Knights never say no when the highway calls, We ride like the wind because we got the balls!

AHEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Sorry to get back so late....

Are Joe and Alice still doing "First Fridays?"

Yes sir!!! I believe they just celebrated 30 years this past summer.

I'm about 20 minutes from their house.

Back