• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

8k foot race?

aphillips66

On the road to nowhere
I noticed that there are two chairpersons for something called an 8k foot race. Is there a running race at the rally? I cannot find any information on it anywhere.

:dunno

Does anyone know? I have sent an e-mail message to one of the chairpersons. Awaiting a response and thought I'd ask here in the forum, too.

There's a foot race at every National...info will be available in the rally program

Neat runs:)

I've done some in my past, but have less running in my older years. Joint issues:(. Maybe they'll have a 5K fast walk too:), more my speed now. Best regards to all ya runners in the 8K, a nice time had. Randy:thumb:dance

In!

There's a foot race at every National...info will be available in the rally program

Thanks for this info. Having an event to train for gives me more incentive to keep on the wagon. Otherwise, it's always too easy to skip a workout now and then. I'll bring my running shoes to the rally. :thumb

95851004_BXDZF-M.jpg

I don't know the planned route but south of the rally grounds there is a nice road that runs along Fishing Creek to the Susquehanna River then you can come north along the river that features community parks, a bicycle trail then you can return on Railroad or Market Streets back to the rally site.

Reply from foot race chairman

John replied to my e-mail message:

The race takes place Saturday morning with everyone gathering around 6:30 to sign up if they missed the runners meeting. Race starts at 7am & usually takes place on or near the grounds. We haven't seen the site yet so the actual course hasn't been set but we will have info at the runner's meeting which starts at 5:15PM Friday in Freedom Hall.

John Borella

I've done some in my past, but have less running in my older years. Joint issues:(. Maybe they'll have a 5K fast walk too:), more my speed now. Best regards to all ya runners in the 8K, a nice time had. Randy:thumb:dance

Along with the 8k foot race there will be a Fun Run/Walk which is typically half the distance. We are also looking for volunteers to help out Saturday morning. Anyone interested in running/walking/volunteering should try to make the Runner's Meeting on Friday.

Thanks for this info. Having an event to train for gives me more incentive to keep on the wagon. Otherwise, it's always too easy to skip a workout now and then. I'll bring my running shoes to the rally. :thumb

95851004_BXDZF-M.jpg

Looking good! :bow

Train hard, I hear the over 50 group is the most competitive. :stick :nyah

What time is the runners meeting on Friday??
.....and where?

Wife wants to enter but I'll have to pick her up at the airport Friday Morning.

Ken

5:15 PM Freedom Hall - runners meeting

What time is the runners meeting on Friday??
.....and where?

Wife wants to enter but I'll have to pick her up at the airport Friday Morning.

Ken

The schedule shows the runners meeting (sign up) on Friday evening at 5:15 - 6 PM at Freedom Hall.

The run is at 07:00 Saturday...as you may well know. :coffee

I guess I should get out on the road right now to train a little more.

We'll be on the Gettysburg tour on Friday so probably won't be able to attend the meeting on Friday night. As I understand we can show up at 6:30 am Saturday morning and can sign up for the run????
Thanks

Overtaken

My friend, Mike, took these two shots during the footrace. The gentleman that was overtaking me, I believe, was in an older age division than me. Good on ya, mate!

My friend, Mike, took these two shots during the footrace. The gentleman that was overtaking me, I believe, was in an older age division than me. Good on ya, mate!

Looks great!

I bet being in shape made a big difference at Dirtwise. Back to the gym I go.

Back