• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

High Country Sierra's:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
My beloved high country is beginning to thaw out, with its tremendous snow falls this past Winter. Keiser Pass is open to Mono Hot Springs/Florence Lake, with much ice still, but open. LOTs of snow still exists and will not go away this year. Tioga Pass in YosemiteNP is still closed I think, but those road guys should be very close by now to opening day. 14'(feet) on the roads up there was still present, just two weeks ago. Should make a great ride soon:), maybe for my depart Cal., for the East this year. I love the YosemiteNP Exit California thing, as I live closeby. Huge water runoffs(from snowpack) are a concern here too, as in some other parts of the USA. Rivers are very dangerous in these times, but make great photo ops.:), Randy:thumb

Just don't know?

The Cal/Nev Sierra's got so much snow this year, unlike any I've seen in my 32 years out here. Its so pretty, but also very troublesome to travel the less travelled byways of backcountry this year. Skiing into July is nearly unprecidented:). Most Sierra/Nevada road passes will be open soon enough now, but snow is ever present right along the edges of the roadways, deep still! I'm counting my days to depart now, with great anticipation of my beloved adventures:). This should be a swell year out there. Happy Trails, Randy:thumb

Back