• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Photos of YOUR Other brand Bikes

i-psLnvqb.jpg

And that shot reminds me of guitarist Kirk Pengilly, of INXS.:)

Last edited:
This thread was started 7 years ago and I see no reason to let it die on this sleepy forum with oh so little traffic.
My ‘06 back on the road getting ready for a run to Tuk this summer.
17B61AE3-4C9B-4522-B608-9AA39EF21C1D.jpg

Well, if we're going to wander down memory lane in remembrance of those bygone days of when our hair was darker than white, or having hair let me share a few from my distant past.

My first bike after I got back from Vietnam in 1969. A 1969 Yamaha 250 Street scrambler. I really wanted a Triumph Bonneville, but couldn't afford it on a then E-5s pay.

My 1972 Yankee 500Z.

i-z27TFvR.jpg

That's enough ancient history!

I was going through some old boxes the other day and in one, I found my old "Yankee" perforated nylon motocross jersey. Those were cool old machines . . . a tad heavy but cool nonetheless.

Mike

I bet that machine pulls like a monster!

Here's my littlest one, it's had the 70 cc bump and the full motor tune by High Gain tuning...it's for sale.
photo-M.jpg

These were some...the stable has been thinner out.

Attachments

• IMG00275.jpg
    IMG00275.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 201
RD400.jpg
RD400 Café, the bike I "flew" while in the Air Force.

650 Twin.jpg
My 650 commuter bike

Turbo 650.jpg
Then "Flying" another Yammie, a 650 Turbo Seca.

fj1200.jpg
The big FJ1200

DSCN1167.JPG
And a Honda Desert Sled, with a lic. plate.

And finally settled into a K bike, then an oilhead.

I didn’t even consider my past bikes. Last I counted, I was closing in on 50. :brad

I should re-visit and update. :dance

Two Red Italians and two Black Brits:

2006 Ducati ST3s - The Back Road Flyer
View attachment 72431

2006 Vespa GTS 250ie - liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, four-valve, 250cc
20190119_144408 small.jpg

1970 Norton 750 Commando - The Rockin' Rebel (bar-end mirrors fitted since photo)
View attachment 72426

1973 Norton 850 Commando - Waiting for Restoration
20190129_152431 small.jpg

Back