• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bad pavement I-5 Tejon Pass

mckayprod

Just a heads-up for those riding northbound on I-5 out of SoCal. Just north of Lebec, expect some really bad, broken, grooved pavement. The grooves are big and deep and I thought I was going down a time or two. That's a steep downhill, curved section, and I was glad to be able to make it to the truck lane and descend slowly. I found no mention of this on the CalTrans site.

Perhaps more experienced riders wouldn't have a problem with this section, but it was a puckering moment for me. When you seen the sign that reads "Rough Road Next 6 Miles", believe it. Southbound conditions were just fine.

Funny thing was I had just got an intercom system before this trip. My wife said she was surprised at the bad language I use when I talk to myself.

I think that was the same stretch of road that was a problem for me in April of this year. I thought I might go down too!

Back