• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bike Time Rally Muskegon Michigan

Scott C

Anyone going to the Bike Time rally in Muskegon Michigan July 15-17th ?

Has anyone ever been there? I have never been but it looks like a good time.

I just happen to be riding past Muskegon on July 15th as I make my way around the lake. I looked up the particulars and found out last year there were 35,000 bikes and 90,000 spectators.

I think I'll find an alternate route around the area. Thanks for the heads-up!:bolt

Jer

Hey all: BIG show, lot's of music, food, and venders. Aimed primarily at the cruiser crowd, but don't let that stop you. Come on up!! Vaya con Dios,Dutch

A riding buddy of mine asked if I would be interested in going but with that many bikes and people confined in that small of a space I am taking a pass also.

As close as I live to Muskegon, I should go, if only for an evening. If the weather is good and I don't have much going on, I will probably go. It may be after work, so I might not make it there until 4 PM, but it's on my radar.

Local BMW riders usually go

West Michigan BMW Riders Group usually rides up for a day. Muskegon does a good job with crowds, I rode up to the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, lots of cars, and people. Muskegon is trying hard to be a tourist spot, lots of stuff near and around.

Also you could plan on taking the ferry back across Lake Michigan. Or you could ride a little north (45 miles) and take the Badger, before the EPA kills the only coal-fired steamship in operation in the United States,

West Michigan BMW Riders Group usually rides up for a day. Muskegon does a good job with crowds, I rode up to the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, lots of cars, and people. Muskegon is trying hard to be a tourist spot, lots of stuff near and around.

Also you could plan on taking the ferry back across Lake Michigan. Or you could ride a little north (45 miles) and take the Badger, before the EPA kills the only coal-fired steamship in operation in the United States,

Will you be posting either here or on the club website which day you guys are coming up? I missed out on getting with everyone for the Blessing in Baldwin, as the weather was lousy that day.

They are talking about maybe converting the Badger over to diesel or storing the coal waste on board until they hit port. They have until the end of 2012 season.

Hey all; The latest news on the Badger is that the owners will convert her to burn compressed natural gas. She will remain steam driven. This conversion will be done (last I heard) over the winter lay up. Still the neatest way to cross lake Michigan!! A BMW gathering at Bike Time would be cool!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Take a trip up to Traverse City and hit M-22 instead. That is if you have not already done that but then again if you have do it again. Those roads never get old. Highly recommend a stop in Petoskey as well. Both of those towns have better sights and roads to offer than Muskegon.

Hey all; The latest news on the Badger is that the owners will convert her to burn compressed natural gas. She will remain steam driven. This conversion will be done (last I heard) over the winter lay up. Still the neatest way to cross lake Michigan!! A BMW gathering at Bike Time would be cool!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

That is good news! I have ridden both the Lakes Ferry and the Badger, and I prefer the Badger. Older and slower, but more stable, just like me! :D

I am planning on riding over to Bike Time, but I still don't know which day.

Good Time in Muskegon

Hey Guys, this is as much fun as going to Sturgis and 45 miles for me. It is like anything else, it is what you make it. I usually go up Saturday morning. I don't hang around for the ride home after dark. I have been to Biketoberfest in Florida, been to Sturgis and think this is a lot more sensible. I have a friend that works for Hot Rod Harley up there and nice crowd.:bikes

I rode my 65 R60/2 down there. I was parked next to some custom build Harley. The people never looked at the Harley but at my R60. There were a couple of gals running around in outfits similar to Hooters. They would drape over your bike for a $10 fee. I had some guy pay the girls to drape over my bike. Hay, I don't care. I thought it ruined the beautiful lines of the bike but that's what he wanted. Go next year if you are in the area.

Always a nice time

Even if the feature band turns out not to be as good as you remember it to be
(Marshall Tucker was not a good show). Bike Time is fun.

I park at Hotrod Harleys and every time some asks about my 84 R100RT. An of beemer in a sea of V twins. Never had a issue, easy to park, easy to leave. Don't miss Muskegon if you get a chance to visit. Definitely a motorcycle friendly area, for all bikes.

Hey all: Biketime was way cool!! (Actually, it was way HOT, but that's a different story!) Maybe Marshall Tucker wasn't the band it used to be, (This was the first time I have seen then sober, so I can't be sure) but then neither am I. Surprising number of Beemers there. Some even had the audacity to park right in front of the Harley shop!! Well run show, all the way around. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Hey all: Biketime was way cool!! (Actually, it was way HOT, but that's a different story!) Maybe Marshall Tucker wasn't the band it used to be, (This was the first time I have seen then sober, so I can't be sure) but then neither am I. Surprising number of Beemers there. Some even had the audacity to park right in front of the Harley shop!! Well run show, all the way around. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

I wish my Beemer had been able to be parked there, but the starting issues I had at the time kept me from being there. Can't ride with the bike in the shop! :cry

At the last minute I decided to go. Had some friends already up there so I went to meet them. Left Chicago about 4AM and got up there about 10 after a few stops.

It was my first time at this rally and to say the least it was great. I am not a big rally person but this one I will go back to next year. Saw alot of other Beemers there also.

Back