• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tinted face shield

It looks like the same technology used in auto-darkening welding helmets. Electronic sensor instantly turns the face shield dark. I have no doubt the technology works. It's quite amazing when used on an arc welding shield.

Tinted wndshld

Mine came in today. Not bad install. Charging know will give it a try this week and see how it goes. Hardest part seems to be getting face shielding and off Araia helmet
B Ragon

Face shields are actually easy to instal and remove on Arai. Look for a You Tube video on the subject. Nicky Hayden has made some. It will improve your satisfaction with the helmet if you learn to do it properly and easily.

Shield

Got the shield mounted. When in sun and changed as it was supposed to. I may not have left enough room at top. Seems maybe hanging up on vent at top. But havn't ridden with it. Initial impression is good.
Bill

Looks interesting. I suppose with the Liquid Crystal design, the amount of tint cannot be adjusted. Binary only: on or off?

Last edited:
Face shield

I think there is 4-5 levels in the automatic one. That can also be adjusted manually from what I understand

Bill R

Got my answer: just on and off. Checked out the site's FAQ on the Support page.

Scorpion made a photosensitive shield a few years ago, and I liked mine, but that technology isn't quite there yet. The effect wore out after several months and they no longer offer it.

This particular product is interesting, but I hate looking through double visors.

Back