• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Picture of Your K16

From a brisk, but fine ride this week.

The May 1996 Buffalo Creek wildfire is on the other side of the bike. Launched from a campfire not completely out.

In the distance can see the tanish aftermath of the High Meadow fire of June 2000. From a discarded cigarette.

Rosalie Peak at 13,575ft. is in the distance.

k1600gtspringcreek2.jpg

From a brisk, but fine ride this week.

The May 1996 Buffalo Creek wildfire is on the other side of the bike. Launched from a campfire not completely out.

In the distance can see the tanish aftermath of the High Meadow fire of June 2000. From a discarded cigarette.

Rosalie Peak at 13,575ft. is in the distance.

k1600gtspringcreek2.jpg

That is a cool....looks kinda cgi

Here is a Pic Of my K1600 out today at some random covered bridge in PA!.

Attachments

• WP_000466.jpg
    WP_000466.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 648
RoadKill... Nice you got out! I used to work out of Pittsburgh and know how nice the riding can be in PA. And it looks like we both have identical, not to mention sweet, bikes. nod.gif

I understand the feeling :D :

WatkinsGlenCropped.jpg

Yeah, it's not a K16 -- think of it as a forefather. :thumb

Hey Mark, nice to see you in another forum (and in NYS, at least at the time). You may not have been on a matching bike in this photo but you had a matching helmet!

My 2012 BMW K1600 GT "Condor '47"

Photo was taken some where in North Florida ... west of St. Augustine I think.

She turned 1 year old on November 14, 2012. I ride it nearly every day since I have retired ... the other "Germans" (autos) stay in the garage unless it is raining.

I have had some issues over the past year with it ... turn signal flashers replaced, electric windshield control switch will be replaced for the second time, shortly ... both instances made the windshield in-operable (part has come in at my dealer now) and ... and finally, a major issue with the front shock ... dealer is negotiating with BMW New Jersey for a new replacement (I am refusing a re-build shock ... this is what BMW New Jersey attempts to "stick up our noses" when replacement is needed). My service manager has been candid and honest with me ... states that the issues I have listed are not new issues with the 2012's ... others have come in for identical issues.

Regardless, I have enjoyed this amazing bike. It is nimble, fast, solid as a rock, quiet and very comfortable ... I have the stock GT seat (nearly identical feel to my R1200RT) and with the weight difference, it handles similarly to the RT. The sound system is outstanding, be it Ipod ... FM Radio or Sirius (channel 15 Studio 54 Rocks).

Some one said that this is not an "Around Town" bike and I disagree. I ride it everywhere and when not out on the open road, I look for excuses to do errands for my wife LOL. Be it on the open road or in heavy stop and go traffic (I live in Daytona Beach Shores) it is the perfect motorcycle.

Bike Week Daytona is coming up in March. If any BMW folks will be coming/riding in Daytona during bike week, let me hear from you. Would be great to get together with some other BMW devotees and do some riding together. My email is: wills_115@yahoo.com

Take care and ride safely!

William

Attachments

• William and 2012 BMW K1600 GT.jpg
    William and 2012 BMW K1600 GT.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 527
Nice Photo

Despite the fact that I hate this picture of me, here we are ready for our first ride together:

P5280020-L.jpg

- Kate

Nice photo of you Kate and the 1600GT. Has it warmed up in Laramie. I'm in Billings, Mt. We have had a few very nice days early this year, mixed with a few cold ones.

Back