Thread: Navigation + Phone + Helmet setup

Navigation + Phone + Helmet setup

I am trying to set up bluetooth on my 2012 K1600GTL with my Schuberth SRC system, a bike radio, a Nav V gps, plus my phone. I am having trouble getting all to communicate together. Has anyone done this and know the proper sequence to pair them together. Much appreciated.

When I set mine up I first linked my iPhone. Then I linked directly to the GTL using it's blue tooth set-up, i.e., I let the GTL find the helmet. The GPS, music, etc. as well as receiving phone calls all work.
    Make sure you use the correct buttons on the helmet by following the Schuberth instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Landcruiser05 View Post
    I am trying to set up bluetooth on my 2012 K1600GTL with my Schuberth SRC system, a bike radio, a Nav V gps, plus my phone. I am having trouble getting all to communicate together. Has anyone done this and know the proper sequence to pair them together. Much appreciated.
    The pairing procedure is set forth in detail in the owner's audio/bluetooth manual.

I trust you are aware that the Schuberth SRC system will pair with the bike, but the MultiController will not control helmet volume.

The pairing procedure, very summarized, is:

Turn off all bluetooth devices in range (phones, GPS).

Turn on the SRC and put it in pairing mode.

Go to the set up menu on the bike and drill down to the pairing menu.

Pair, then turn off the bike.

Leave the bike off, turn on the GPS and the SRC.

Put both in pairing mode and pair.

If you are going to run your phone through the GPS (personally, I find this more convenient),

Turn off the SRC.

Turn on the GPS and the phone.

Put both on pairing mode and pair.

After all that is done, you *should* have the helmet paired to the bike for stereo, and GPS paired to the bike for directions and phone use.
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA