• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cooking with JetBoil!

Polarbear

Polarbear
My blast furnace JetBoil is a very fast water boiler, with its blowtorch flame! I just found a great aide for defuzing the torch, so other foods can be cooked without quickly burning the dinner all to carbon. Those sidestand plates, made of diamond plate aluminum at 4"X4" square, work absolutely perfect as a flame defuzer on the JetBoil and I can cook pancakes now, without them turning into frisbees, non edible things:). Set the sidestand plate ON the JetBoil for your pan/griddle to sit on, works perfect:). Randy:usa

Thanks for the jet boil tip.
What kind of pancake are you making? We make omlets for breakfast on the jet boil fast and easy but I think that your tip will make a better omlet. What a better reason to go for a ride that to test out the jetboil skills.
Tony

For years I have carried a metal electrical box cover plate. It makes a great diffuser for the Jet Boil, and I use it on my MSR Whisperlite as a base plate for my Espresso Maker. Last time I checked they are less than $1 at Home Depot

yay!

we're just thinking about getting a jetboil to save some space for a two-up trip. I was thinking, "just make coffee and get restaurant breakfast later." Thanx for the tip.

"just make coffee and get restaurant breakfast later."

Mmm, breakfast!

957213708_djk68-L.jpg

I do this, cooking:)

Bisquick makes those neat little bottles of pancake mix, just add water, shake it up and pour'em out into your griddle. The defuzer idea , I just explored myself on a recent outing, with frustration of the JetBoil flame being sooooo hot and found it to work perfect for us camper chefs:). Now I can eat better and still use the JetBoil for something other than boiled water and freeze dried foods in a bag:). Randy.....PS; At least one other above has got the problem solved before me, great. I'm slow and have complained about the inability to cook with this JB. Not anymore.

Back