• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

City Navigator Zumo 550

josh00

I bought a Zumo 550 off the flea market last summer , was thinking about updating maps,never have done it before and getting ready to go on a 3k ride in about 2wks.Well I started to look thru the stuff I got with it and their is a dvd with it and it says on it City Navigator NT set up and map data.I was wondering is this the software I will have to down load before I can download the maps.I didn't get a owners manual with it and I'm not the smartest with the computer.:typeAnd on the sleeve it is in it says the software came with 25 character unlock code that I will need,where can you find that. thanks for any help I can get.

Download a Manual

Let's see...

First step would be to download a manual. Visit www.garmin.com , click on Support, and then Manuals, and then attempt to get their darn Web site to work for you. If it does, you can download a pdf copy of the 550 manual right to your PC.

Next step would be to register your 550 at MyGarmin. This will permit you to download updated maps and firmware. Updated maps may be purchased online, either by single update or by lifetime subscription. Firmware updates are free.

Finally, you may need that map DVD to load MapSource onto your PC. This will give you the ability to prepare routing on your PC and then transfer it to your 550 using the USB cable that should have come with it. Don't have the cable? Garmin will be happy to sell you a replacement.

I don't think you will need the unlock code with that DVD, but if you do need it and don't have it, well... :dunno

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Yes this helps alot,I do have the usb cable.I should be ablle to figure it out now:scratch,just wasn't sure how to start and didn't know what that dvd was for. Thanks

I don't think you will need the unlock code with that DVD, but if you do need it and don't have it, well... :dunno
I think you'll need the unlock code. And if you don't have it, you'll have to buy a new DVD set I guess.

You can contact Garmin if you want to know what they can do.

Is their a phone number that you can contact garmin with,or do you have to through the web site.

Garmin Customer Support

North America - Consumer Products

Monday - Thursday: 8 AM - 6 PM, Friday 8 AM - 5 PM Central Time (closed holidays)

US: 913-397-8200
US Toll Free: 1-800-800-1020
Canada: 1-866-429-9296

Back