Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Typical Central Pennsylvania Weather

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Thank you. By opening with a political diatribe, I was able to quickly determine the substance of your posting.
    The informational posting was long, your substance was a snip of it.

It is an ambitous construction plan and if you ask the State Police you will find that Gov Rendell enjoys fast roads as much as we do. I am was not discussing the surplus he was left with and what we have now...........nothing political just the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    oh, i don't know... the lay of the land is always good to know.

there's a lot of good info in statdawg's brain... the problem is organizing it.
    The organization and partnering was done way back in October, its getting the others to commit to the opportunities as they said they would.

The information so far was able to put the MOA in Bloomsburg and finally by a huge population base to support the MOA beyond the rally, it expanded the GS events, stretched our club reach into the community and offered a venue to Motorrrad. So someone was able to use the information for benefit and lets not forget all the volunteers getting it done among the fog of pre-rally.

My neighbor said " Knowing the lay of the land opens doors, but knowing people in the land opens the doors further."
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Steve
    Last edited by rockbottom; 05-30-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Mod here.

Please take disagreements about Pennsylvania Governors off list.

Thank you.

Returning you to the topic which is:
    Typical Central Pennsylvania Weather.

Voni
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Mod here.

Please take disagreements about Pennsylvania Governors off list.

Thank you.

Returning you to the topic which is:
    Typical Central Pennsylvania Weather.

Voni
    Its starting to be hot and humid .........I think it may become summer.

Lots of bikes out today
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Rally Rat
    Yeah, 94 tomorrow and humid, not even summer yet. Wont be any worse than TN was 2 years ago, bring a battery powered fan for your tent and your evaporative cooling vest, should be fine.

PA has more roads per square mile than any other state (I think), so you can imagine that some will be in disrepair, as Statdog mentioned, many have been resurfaced, and over all, we are in pretty good shape.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there!

Unfortunately weather on the East Coast during summer just plain sucks. Specially if you ride ATGATT. That's one of the reasons I ride more during Spring and Fall. I'm looking forward for the rally but I know the weather more than likely will be miserable.
    Don't expect anything like Oregon last year and get ready for thunderstorms.

Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    And RB, I have to laugh, Being from NY I come to PA for the smooth roads, I90 in NY is rougher than your back 2 lanes.
    I-86 in Chautauqua and Cattaraugus counties (in New York) is many times rougher than anything on I-90. There are two reasons for that: to get truckers to pay the tolls on I-90, and squabbles with the Indians over tax collections.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

Getting lost...
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Ohio I think raised their speed limit.
    True, I-80 is now 70mph but you will have to pay for the privilege.

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    ..........but please note some times the detours are better than the storied roads; it was true about wonderful 895s bridge repair last summer just off the town of Picture Rocks on SR 220. ..........................

The 864 W of Picture Rocks was also closed last year, and I made my own detour in the roads up near Montoursville, There are some GREAT little roads in that area, no traffic, nice pavement, and some nice dipping and diving twisty stuff. It will now be my new way E from the area.

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubleplay View Post
    Unfortunately weather on the East Coast during summer just plain sucks. Specially if you ride ATGATT. That's one of the reasons I ride more during Spring and Fall. I'm looking forward for the rally but I know the weather more than likely will be miserable.
    Don't expect anything like Oregon last year and get ready for thunderstorms.
    I wouldn't say it sucks, Like forest Gump said...........you never know what you are going to get. Lots of great 75-85 clear days, some 85+ Hazy Humid days, occasional 60's can be clear or rain.

Average high end of July is 83, lows 62

I wouldn't say it sucks, Like forest Gump said...........you never know what you are going to get. Lots of great 75-85 clear days, some 85+ Hazy Humid days, occasional 60's can be clear or rain.

Last July we had 20 days without rain and every 3 days a weak front passed through clearing the air and haze. The Bloomsburg area does not have the humidity as Baltimore / Washington metro, Philadelphia nor New York City.

I usually ride with vented gear and if its seems too hot its all mountain roads that offer a canopy of green for me. You can always put an ice pack in pocket(s) or use a cooling vest or neck wrap......... I always forget I own them.

Regardless if it is hazy, hot and humid and they are not calling for rain you could still have a small pop up thunderstorm forming north of the rally site in Sullivan and Wyoming County. Its wise to carry rain gear or wait it out or see where they are and take roads leading away since you have choices.

Rally Rat
    And don't forget, our bodies will have had the chance to acclimate to the warmer weather by then. 90 degrees today feels much worse than 90 degrees at the end of July for some reason.

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    As I saw written someplace a long time ago, "Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get."
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep

I would say compared to last years location and to West Coast, it sucks. Anybody who spent anytime on the West Coast knows what I'm talking about. We had 90+ in the last 3 days in NC and all next week will be over 90 with very high dew points and we are not even in June yet.
    Today riding on the highway 85 I saw 103 on my temperature gauge!!!!!

Like many here on the East Coast I could not afford the time it would take to go to a rally on the West Coast - jobs and other such commitments make it simply impossible. The weather will undoubtedly be warmer than it would be in Oregon - with that said I have been riding in the mid-Atlantic for two decades now and sometimes July is downright pleasant, other times it is muggy, hot and humid. Rarely however is it so miserable that one can not ride comfortably (1999 comes to mind.) Personally I found the Johnson City rally two years ago downright comfortable, and that is almost 500 miles south/south west of Bloomsburg.

No sense getting upset over what the weather may be two months from now, there will be plenty of time for that a week or two before the event
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages