• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Bloomsburg 1000

Where can I find route details for the IBA SS 1000 departing BMWMOA Rally Wed 6am?

Do I need to preregister or can I register on Tuesday?

Thanks,
Chris Skor

Hello Chris,

You will need to register in advance as we will not have the capability of printing certificates on site.

The "loop route" is as follows:

Bloomsburg ÔÇô Akron, OH ÔÇô Wytheville, VA and back to Bloomsburg.

Best,

Rob Nye

If all goes as planned I should be arriving at Bloomsburg on Sunday, July 17. I will get the timed receipt to document the arrival. Will there be staff at the rally grounds that Sunday night to witness my ride? If not could this be witnessed by someone else like hotel front desk personnel, gas station attendant, etc?

If all goes as planned I should be arriving at Bloomsburg on Sunday, July 17. I will get the timed receipt to document the arrival. Will there be staff at the rally grounds that Sunday night to witness my ride? If not could this be witnessed by someone else like hotel front desk personnel, gas station attendant, etc?

You don't need to get the arrival witness form filled out Sunday night but if you'd like to feel free.

I'll be arriving at the rally by noon Monday. I should be relatively easy to find plus we'll be sending out a final email that will include my cell number.

I got an email from the IBA about the pizza party since I'm already an IBA member.

I want to register for the Jacksonville Bloomsburg IBA 1000 -- I'd like to confirm that participation in the Bloomsburg 1000 is for IBA members, too, and that we'll be included in the pizza party without registering separately as per the email for existing members.

Thanks,
John Huval
IBA 39466

I got an email from the IBA about the pizza party since I'm already an IBA member.

I want to register for the Jacksonville Bloomsburg IBA 1000 -- I'd like to confirm that participation in the Bloomsburg 1000 is for IBA members, too, and that we'll be included in the pizza party without registering separately as per the email for existing members.

Thanks,
John Huval
IBA 39466

Absolutely! If you are already and IBA member by all means do the ride!

Registration for the ride and the party are separate. If you register for the ride you'll automagically be registered for the party.

Absolutely! If you are already and IBA member by all means do the ride!

Registration for the ride and the party are separate. If you register for the ride you'll automagically be registered for the party.

Thanks, Rob. We'll see you next week.

Just signed for Ghardy as a starting witness as we already had it arranged several weeks ago. Wife gave him a good home-made Lasagna dinner so he will be good and impacted for his ride! lol

Good Luck and be safe GHardy!

Ken

Rob, I've been keeping an eye out for signup info for the IBA pizza party, but have overlooked it if its up anywhere in this forum. I haven't received any emails directly from the IBA.

When will it be? And can I sign up on line or after I arrive Wed PM?

(IBA # 24739)

Thanks,
Mark

I believe registration for the party is on line at ironbuttrecords.com.

Best,

Rob Nye

Man, I wish I saw this thread sooner!
I live in Jax and rode up to PA a few days early to meet up with my brother from CA. We rode around the Poconos (Where we grew up) and then headed to the rally on Thurs.
I really had no intentions of doing an IB ride, but when I left to head home on Sat AM I ended up going all the way home that day. The weather was so hot, by the time evening started to fall, I felt pretty refreshed and kept on going.
I left Bloomsburg at 8AM and pulled into my driveway in Jax Beach at 11:40 PM.
Right at 965 miles.
Wait, I still need 35 miles! It's almost midnight on Saturday night, do I really want to go back on the road and deal with fatigue and drunks? No.
Instead, I got up at 6:30 AM and logged the last miles and got gas before 8AM.
I did it!:dance
The only question is that I didn't plan on doing it, so I don't have a specific log of stops. I have a few gas reciepts (the first one was about 40 miles from Bloomsburg) and witnesses at the start and finish of my ride.
I'm hoping I have enough info to make it official!

Back