• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

PIAA mount for 88 K100?

ricochetrider

Out There Somewhere
getting a pair of little 1100X running lights for the K100- my 93 RS has them and they ROCK. i think i'm going to mount them on the forks, because i'm worried that a big hit (bump, dip, whatever) will cause them to be in the way if mounted on/under the fairing?

here's a side shot of the fairing if that helps...
P1050976.jpg

any input would be appreciated.

I used to own a K75RT.

Martin Fabrication used to make a fork-mount kit that worked well with the smaller PIAA-type lights. Not sure if they still do.

Here a detailed piece from Don Eilenberger's website on the kit, and its installation. He had a K75S, but front fork is essentailly the same as you K100.

http://eilenberger.net/K75S/Lights/index.html

Cheap solution

Go to your local hardware store, buy a 1" x 1/4" strip of aluminum. Look under the fairing and remove the two screws (see picture) - measure and cut the strip to length, install the lights, reinstall with loctite.

BigSmokeandbike008.jpg

Back