Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: insurance

Quote Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE View Post
    Bodily Injury 250/500k
    Property 100k
    Uninsured/Underinsured 250/500k
    Glad to see you are well protected!
    2007 R1200GS Adventure

I lived in CO and always had state farm. Moved to TX and then GA and had my state farm agent refer me to Dairyland. Much MUCH cheaper and easy to deal with. Haven't had any claims though in the 10 years i have used them.
    "Wer reitet so spaet durch nacht und wind -es ist der Vater mit seinem Kind" -- Goethe
    R1200RT, F800GS
    '80 GL1100

nbsdave
    have had Safeco for nearly 7 years. Always good prices and service.
    Had a claim against Progressive from a rear-ender on my Valkyrie. They were the at fault driver's provider. Their claims and service people are rude and nasty at best.

The D
    Quote Originally Posted by nbsdave View Post
    have had Safeco for nearly 7 years. Always good prices and service.
    Had a claim against Progressive from a rear-ender on my Valkyrie. They were the at fault driver's provider. Their claims and service people are rude and nasty at best.
    +1 on Safeco.

I was an insurance agent for 30 years before selling my business last December. Progressive in commonly called Aggressive by the body shops in my area.

GO MAVS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kthflieger View Post
    I lived in CO and always had state farm. Moved to TX and then GA and had my state farm agent refer me to Dairyland. Much MUCH cheaper and easy to deal with. Haven't had any claims though in the 10 years i have used them.
    I'm currently in the process of a claim for Dairyland.... I will give them a B.

Fairly responsive, I *guess* I got a good payout on my totaled HP2 (at lease my dealer seems to think so).

I have the "excursion diversion" coverage for my safety apparel (which, oddly enough doesn't cover my helmet... it's in the value of the bike.) It's been a little slow getting visibility of that particular part of the claim, and the Dairyland person who called for it was not the world's most customer-service-oriented person I've ever dealt with.

That said, their prices are good and they are doing what they said they would.

This was my first claim ever in 40 years of riding. I will use them again (if they'll have me) because I, too, have issues with Progressive's political bent.

ian

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

At the show

Quote Originally Posted by leesrt View Post
    I won't go into details but I would suggest those considering Progressive do some research on the allegiences of the CEO and what organizations they support. You may be shocked or you may be delighted. Either way, be informed on where your money goes between claims.
    They were the sponsors of the bike show in Greenville, SC; one look at their brochure convinced me I did not want to do business with them. A pirate on a chopper with no helmet or gear...yeah right; I can identify with that.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by leesrt View Post
    I won't go into details but I would suggest those considering Progressive do some research on the allegiences of the CEO and what organizations they support. You may be shocked or you may be delighted. Either way, be informed on where your money goes between claims.
    I'm not happy with the CEO. However, I just renewed. My bill went DOWN $40 and they added disappearing deductible. I paid $216 for full coverage with high limits liability on my 03 R1200CLC and high limits liability on my 86 R80RT. Plus I am now a "Diamond-level" member for the period of time I have been with them. It says it gives me accident forgiveness, $3,000 accessory coverage with no depreciation and guaranteed renewal.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    I'm not happy with the CEO. However, I just renewed. My bill went DOWN $40 and they added disappearing deductible. I paid $216 for full coverage with high limits liability on my 03 R1200CLC and high limits liability on my 86 R80RT. Plus I am now a "Diamond-level" member for the period of time I have been with them. It says it gives me accident forgiveness, $3,000 accessory coverage with no depreciation and guaranteed renewal.
    I've done the research that was previously suggested and now having read your post I'll be looking into progressive for my future insurance
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.

Thumbs down

I was a progressive customer for several years. I changed bikes last December. They gave me coverage for the new bike at a decent rate. When I got the bill to renew the policy in Feb on the same bike the cost had gone up by 50%. When I asked why since I was a "diamond member", no tickets, no accidents, no claims either they just said it was because I had a new bike. I then asked why when the bike was new in December the cost did not go up by that margin I was told that was the new rate, pay up. I changed companies to the same one that insures my RV and tow vehicle. The cost of the coverage with the same expanded limits was 1/3 what progressive wanted. Flo and her ins co can kiss my grits.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    Whats the BIG secret? I have Progressive as it was the cheapest I could find and by far at that- after seeing my American Modern(they write several brands out of Cinn,OH) go up several yrs ago. Is the CEO a Commie or what?

I think an insurance company is only as good as the agent you deal with. I started with my company over 25 years ago when my agent was just starting out, best thing I ever did. I had three claims with him over those years and everything was handled quickly and to my satisfaction. He retired, his agency was taken over by another, and my wifes new car was damaged. It was like pulling teeth just to get the car looked at. I left.
    I don't care if a company CEO dresses in ladies underwear and dates sheep if his company has what I want and the price is right he has my business. I believe that age, driving record, and credit score (why?) have more to do with your premiums than anything else.
    Insurance companies are like rabbits, you can jump one up anywhere. I won't be jerked around by one, I'll just move on.