• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I want a new helmet face shield!!!

D

dramer

I have a new full face helmet with a clear shield. I don't like it because of the sun on my face. I'm considering a new shield in silver mirror, gold or blue reflective. Any advise? I am a passenger.

How about a smoke colored shield?

As the person often talking to someone wearing a reflective shield, I can tell you it's a little annoying, particularly when sunny.

I use a dark smoke on my Arai in lieu of sunglasses but then I bring the clear shield with me in case I need to ride in the dark or darkish.

You might want to try a pin lock face shield if it fits your helmet - it let's you add a smoke shield or yellow for hazy days... Without taking off the clear one... Easier than carrying the full shield. I wish they made it for my new helmet....sigh!

maybe it's time for a new helmet. Several manufacturers now make ones with internal visors that are dark.. all of Schuberth's models have this feature, I think.. Scorpion's EXO-1000 does also (the helmet i have).

I use a dark smoke on my Arai in lieu of sunglasses but then I bring the clear shield with me in case I need to ride in the dark or darkish.

You are brave. Those Arai side cover plates scare me because they are so easily broken, and parts for Arai helmets are harder to find on the road than the Lost Dutchman mine.

I finally have my Arai Profile helmet back together after finding a good parts supplier online. On a road trip last summer I had to ship my Arai helmet home and switch to an HJC helmet. And that was at a dealer that handled Arai helmets.

I think I have the Arai figured out now, as far as using the release levers, I have a supply of replacement cover plates, and I have put the faceshield back in correctly, but I definitely shy away from changing out a faceshield on the road.

Harry

For as long as I've been riding I've added painter's tape to the top of my face shields. Easy, cheap and effective. Seen here on Annie's helmet.

AnnieonParkRoad.jpg

I bought one of those window-cling tinted sun shades from the baby section at the store a few years ago. I cut a strip out of it that fits along the top (inside) of my clear shield. Works like a pair of shades without having to swap out my glasses. I think that I've seen a "pre-cut" product marketed too in case your not the DIY type.

Transitions!

I just bought a Transitions shield for my Bell Star, it is amazing! I don't carry two shields anymore unless it's a long trip.

I just bought a Transitions shield for my Bell Star, it is amazing! I don't carry two shields anymore unless it's a long trip.

When folks post something about an item, I wish they would include information as to where they got it and how much it cost...etc. Come on, don't be so stingy with good information!:scratch

More info please? Is that the one that changes or you can change the amount of darkness? Price? Where did you get it?:dunno

My wife wears a mirrored shield on her Arai at all times, it does not matter when it is overcast or rainy to her. She does not have to drive so why should she? This has been her choice for the last two years and 20,000 miles.

Back