• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

100K Mile Club

Voni

sMiling
Staff member
I'm sure you all know that BMW Motorrad AND the BMW MOA give awards for those who have attained 100K lifetime miles. And that they commemorate each additional 100K with a plaque, a medal, and in the case of the MOA a wings patch and a sticker to celebrate.

Yesterday, at Engle Motors in Kansas City, Tracy McCarty and Paul Glaves were presented awards for 100K and 700K respectively.

Let's share photos celebrating our riders here:

P1190264.jpg

Voni
sMiling

1991 K100RS 100,000 mile award

I posted this in another tread, but since this tread is for that, I'll post it again.

Receiving our award from Peter Vanderhoof - owner of the BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas.

Attachments

• DSC_0908 A.jpg
    DSC_0908 A.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 152
I heard of it, but only through this forum. I live in The Netherlands, and we don't have anything like this in Europe. I don't know if it would catch on in Holland anyway. Just a feeling.
Seems like a nice thing. I guess you'd have to let the dealer do all the maintenance? That's why the dealers are smiling ;) I only had my K1100RS maintained by the dealer, and I won't do it again. Then again, I won't buy a new bike anyway. I had some nasty surprises with dealers (car dealers too) and if I have the chance to go withouth them, I'll do that.

I heard of it, but only through this forum. I live in The Netherlands, and we don't have anything like this in Europe. I don't know if it would catch on in Holland anyway. Just a feeling.
Seems like a nice thing. I guess you'd have to let the dealer do all the maintenance? That's why the dealers are smiling ;) I only had my K1100RS maintained by the dealer, and I won't do it again. Then again, I won't buy a new bike anyway. I had some nasty surprises with dealers (car dealers too) and if I have the chance to go withouth them, I'll do that.

Paul does most all of our maintenance, but we depend on our dealer, Engle Motors, for parts and for advice. They are terrific. Wish I could send them your way ;)

You could send your mileage information in to our high mileage guy, Tony, Black, and he'd send you MOA awards. Info here:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/ridetour/mileage_awards

It is a very nice thing ; )

Voni
sMiling

I posted this in another thread, but since this thread is for that, I'll post it again.

Receiving our award from Peter Vanderhoof - owner of the BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas.

Very nice!!!

Here's to many more sMiles for both of you!

Voni
sMiling

Back