Thread: 100K Mile Club

100K Mile Club

I'm sure you all know that BMW Motorrad AND the BMW MOA give awards for those who have attained 100K lifetime miles. And that they commemorate each additional 100K with a plaque, a medal, and in the case of the MOA a wings patch and a sticker to celebrate.

Yesterday, at Engle Motors in Kansas City, Tracy McCarty and Paul Glaves were presented awards for 100K and 700K respectively.

Let's share photos celebrating our riders here:

Voni
    sMiling

http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

1991 K100RS 100,000 mile award

I posted this in another tread, but since this tread is for that, I'll post it again.

Receiving our award from Peter Vanderhoof - owner of the BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable User Mike_Philippens's Avatar
    I heard of it, but only through this forum. I live in The Netherlands, and we don't have anything like this in Europe. I don't know if it would catch on in Holland anyway. Just a feeling.
    Seems like a nice thing. I guess you'd have to let the dealer do all the maintenance? That's why the dealers are smiling I only had my K1100RS maintained by the dealer, and I won't do it again. Then again, I won't buy a new bike anyway. I had some nasty surprises with dealers (car dealers too) and if I have the chance to go withouth them, I'll do that.
    -=- if you always see the road ahead of you, it's not worth the trip -=-

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Philippens View Post
    I heard of it, but only through this forum. I live in The Netherlands, and we don't have anything like this in Europe. I don't know if it would catch on in Holland anyway. Just a feeling.
    Seems like a nice thing. I guess you'd have to let the dealer do all the maintenance? That's why the dealers are smiling I only had my K1100RS maintained by the dealer, and I won't do it again. Then again, I won't buy a new bike anyway. I had some nasty surprises with dealers (car dealers too) and if I have the chance to go withouth them, I'll do that.
    Paul does most all of our maintenance, but we depend on our dealer, Engle Motors, for parts and for advice. They are terrific. Wish I could send them your way

You could send your mileage information in to our high mileage guy, Tony, Black, and he'd send you MOA awards. Info here:
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/ridetour/mileage_awards

It is a very nice thing ; )

Voni
    sMiling

Quote Originally Posted by crapdealerbob View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but since this thread is for that, I'll post it again.

Receiving our award from Peter Vanderhoof - owner of the BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas.
    Very nice!!!

Here's to many more sMiles for both of you!

Voni
    sMiling