• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

VIDEO: Streetmasters Precision Cornering Workshop

RobStar

Hey folks!

I just produced this little four minute promo video for Streetmasters Precision Cornering Workshop. I've taken the course twice and Jeanne just took it last month. All bikes, riders and two-ups welcome.

Robert

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/23614490?byline=0&portrait=0" width="398" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thanks very much, Robert...what a great video. I gotta take that class. I'll bet, even after 40 years of riding, that I would benefit a great deal.

Hi Robert !

Outstanding production, great video clips and tight edits. Keep up the great work.:clap

Very good Video...

One thing.

It would be better if you added a lower thirds name of the streetmasters instructors like Walt and Nancy, etc.

I've taken the course and wholeheartedly endorse it. You will be a better rider as a result of it.

Jim

It would be better if you added a lower thirds name of the streetmasters instructors like Walt and Nancy, etc.

Hi Jim,

During the edit we wrestled with lower thirds and built the graphics out. In the end we decided it looked odd to only have one lower third since Nancy was not on camera long enough to support it.

Thanks for taking time to view and comment!

Robert

Wow, we need one of those here on the right hand coast!!!!

I'm not familiar with Streetmasters curriculum, so no comment on that. i like that they run it on a track, but that also limits locations of operation.
however, we will again be offering MSF's Advanced Rider Course (ARC) at the MOA National this year- Wed, Th & Fri. ya'll might (will!) find that to be a very good program.

I need that course. I am still uncomfortable w/ quick sharp cornering and sighting the curve at speed.
Most times I slow down and take it slower than I could.
Also still not comfortable w/ my top heavy feeling BMW in a steep lean.

Fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work it took to bring us this inspiration!

Voni
sMiling

Great job on the video! I don't know my lower thirds from my better half, but the production values are excellent and it makes me want to take the class - if only I wasn't 3000 miles away...................

Streetmasters Motorcycle Workshops

Wow, we need one of those here on the right hand coast!!!!

I've taken the course and wholeheartedly endorse it. You will be a better rider as a result of it.
I couldn't agree more Jim

I need that course. I am still uncomfortable w/ quick sharp cornering and sighting the curve at speed.
Most times I slow down and take it slower than I could.
Also still not comfortable w/ my top heavy feeling BMW in a steep lean.
I, too, suffered from those "afflictions" - especially after being out of the saddle for 20+ years. Six months after I bought the RT, Walt Fulton persuaded me to take his course and 20 years of bad habits almost vanished in an afternoon.
I practice the Streetmasters skills every time I throw a leg over the bike and I am getting better and better, 23K miles later.

if only I wasn't 3000 miles away...................

Looks like an awesome course! :thumb

I was with Walt Fulton this afternoon and he thanks you all for the kind words after I read him some of the replies.
He stated that, if he could find the right facility somewhere on the right side of the U.S., he would bring a Streetmasters class out there.
Keep your fingers crossed that, someday, it could become a reality.....:thumb

For more info on the Streetmasters Motorcycle Workshops, I have posted the class schedules for 2012 in the "Member Opportunities" section of this forum.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more Jim

I, too, suffered from those "afflictions" - especially after being out of the saddle for 20+ years. Six months after I bought the RT, Walt Fulton persuaded me to take his course and 20 years of bad habits almost vanished in an afternoon.
I practice the Streetmasters skills every time I throw a leg over the bike and I am getting better and better, 23K miles later.

I was with Walt Fulton this afternoon and he thanks you all for the kind words after I read him some of the replies.
He stated that, if he could find the right facility somewhere on the right side of the U.S., he would bring a Streetmasters class out there.
Keep your fingers crossed that, someday, it could become a reality.....:thumb

For more info on the Streetmasters Motorcycle Workshops, I have posted the class schedules for 2012 in the "Member Opportunities" section of this forum.

Not sure what your course requirements and financial outlay is, but consider the Road America facility in Elkhart Lake, WI ( http://www.roadamerica.com/School/Motorcycle.asp I instruct MSF courses there (BRC, BRC2, Scooter BRC) and we've hosted Pridmore in the past.

Might be worth looking into - if you need a contact person, PM me and I'll provide details. :wave

Streetmasters

I'm in my 50th year of riding and without recording them I'd say somewhere approaching 500k miles. I have taken several MSF courses; priviledged to ride with the late Lawrence Grodsky of Stayin' Safe along Coast Hwy 1 in California.

And, I have taken 2 of these Streetmasters classes plus spent a day-long ride with Walt Fulton. I highly recommend this course for those who want to freshen up their riding skills and safety knowledge. Very practical, hands-on, lots of miles, good instruction AND when you ride home it will be a different ride! :D

I strongly recommend such a class for the experienced rider and I try to complete one every couple of years.

Possible location outside Washington DC

Another possible location is Bill Scott Raceway, located near Winchester, VA (about 75 miles west of Washington DC).

I am not affiliated with them in any way, but have taken a couple of automobile driving courses at this location.

The website is:

www.bsr-inc.com

Thanks,

Back