• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RV's?

GSJimE

I've been watching the forum, and haven't seen a definitive answer on RV's. I understand there is free "dry" camping, but are there sites with hook-ups? If so, are there any left, and what is the charge? Thanks!

I've been watching the forum, and haven't seen a definitive answer on RV's. I understand there is free "dry" camping, but are there sites with hook-ups? If so, are there any left, and what is the charge? Thanks!
I have an interest also....That makes about 4 of us...http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=52510 I read somewhere there was more info coming out on schedules and what not. From the thread above it looks like there is plenty of room. Gary

My understanding is that there are NO RV hook-ups available???

I am planning on staying at Indian Head Campground, not far away.:ear

Actually, I dont know what to think about the RV situation.

LONG way from anything.

Outside the fence area so NO security.

A sense of being LEFT OUT THERE.

One has to put up with being on the entrance road with the associated noise and traffic?

Seems that this segment of OUR club is being treated like a forgotten step-child. Oh yes, there are accomodations. The fact that they are so minimal and cast offs makes one wonder what thought was given to trying to make us welcome.

By US I mean the folks that have been there and done the tent rally thing for many years and due to health or tent burn out have moved on to RVs......Do we need to move on totally? This to me, is NOT being welcomed........God bless.......Dennis

clear across Kansas

There are no hookups available, but plenty of free dry camping (free with registration). The RV Chair is Steeve Sternberg (lssternberg@juno.com). Here is the current rally map.....subject to some future alterations. The dry camping RV area is outside the maingate:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/files/rally11/RallySiteMap.pdf

the Rally Site map is way out of scale, understandable since to show the parking lot in relative size would take a centerfold spread in the Rally Program!

here is a markup of a google map.

i am thinking GS Gymkhana.... :evil

attachment.php

Attachments

• parkinglot.jpg
    parkinglot.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 161
That was funny-almost spit my coffee on the screen. I had a feeling the "scope" of the pdf didn't do the site justice. Thanks Ian, Gary

Gee thanks for confirming what I posted above about the attitude of dismissing the needs of those members that for various reasons do the RV thing at the national......Once again Visian you are an information hero..........God bless.....Dennis

I was riding the rally site today for GS Event related issues and planning. I asked a worker about the RV hook ups and they replied there are plenty of electrical and water hook ups......... I'll get exact numbers in the near future. I was put under the impression there are plenty of water and electrical only set ups that I may bring an air conditioner for my tent and let the early arrivals steal the shade. :scratch

There are areas that have dump hook ups but they are considered further away or in designated areas based on historic access; the design was with a purpose. During Fair events attended by one million plus visitors in one week because they offer day passes, carnival workers arrive a week early and they have a bunk house that is taken off their wheels and hooked up. They are in a designated area as if it were a FEMA trailer city. The closer areas to the fairgrounds only offer electrical and water hook ups because of short term RV stays and truck parking. Plus once upon a time long ago, the longer term folks never hooked up and dumped ....... so Public Health put them out of range......down wind where the grass is green.

I do not have the exact number of dump hook ups but I will return again, map them, do DNA testing to make sure they are Gypsie approved and get pictures. There is one area that had twenty hook ups we could have used but its in Motorrads area and they need them for their conquest sales event ....... best of my knowledge ...... maybe they are for their RVs ?? ...... I don't know. Does BMW make RVs ?

Is the RV area far away ? No further than those camping north of the race track so you are not a step child. Matter of fact even the GSers could say they are step children because we must work around horses. That is why we are having a Gypsie Tour.

Plus thanks to tanks and visits to the WW 2 area there is a frequent shuttle that is delayed by having to stop for RVers.

Is the area safe ? Bloomsburg is a very safe town. The normal crime is domestic violence so if you don't have relatives in town you will be safe. Matter of fact the last fist fight between two drunken college kids made the TV news because it was on Youtube. Its not like some east coast towns that look nice with bad areas. Its safe ....... if you can trust MOAers you can trust the town folk........................ unless they have a day pass.

Is it noisy because its near the traffic gate ? Loud pipes save lives and I doubt anyone will be saved at this rally. Plus the entertainment noise is faced westward away form RV-ville. I hope the Amish in Turbertville enjoy music.

Other factors....... the WW 2 folks will be near by so there maybe some weapon exchange between the German Alpine, Polish Cav., Russian and American Paratroopers. The High School grounds behind the RV sites will be quiet and there is no longer mule traffic on the Pennsylvania Canal to worry about ( That is the dark line east of the rally site on Google maps ...... the canal came in town then lined up to cross Fishing Creek via an aqua duct ).

Our RV Chair is speaking to the right people and the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds has dealt with Major League Baseball, the Negro Baseball League, NASCAR, world class boxing and a few horses......... so don't sweat it. ...........did I mention Monster Truck ?

In the event of dry only camping maybe the fair turd grinder will come around with his truck and for 8 bucks he could make you lighter. :wave I have to see if we could get him to knock the crap out of our RVers. :wave

There are sites still available. The cost is $60.00. This includes water and electricity. There will be a honey wagon available. For further information contact the RV Chairman.

Site reservations

We sent Steeve an e-mail and he reserved us a spot. Payment is made by calling Tammy at the MOA office.

Honey wagon is available for $5 per dump.

We are looking forward to it. Our first rally after retirement. No where else we have to be! :whistle:bliss

Back