• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How to register?

Craig

xxxxxx :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :dunno

I understand that I could save a few bucks by registering for the MOA Rally in advance. I have looked over the MOA webpage and can find no form to register.
Can I not register on line? If not, how do I get the registration form?
Thanks much,
Craig

I too was looking all over the site for a place to register. I finally found some information saying that the registration online would start up in April. See you there.

Craig said:
... Can I not register on line? If not, how do I get the registration form?

The pre-registration forms will be in the April, May, and June BMW Owners News. In addition, on April 1rst we will start taking pre-registrations on-line on the main rally web site.

Thanks for planning ahead!
:type

No point in pre-registering

In Spokane, I pre-registered only to have to wait in line for almost two hours when the non pre-registered line was a mere 10 minutes at the least and 20 minute wait at the most. More time was spent finding filed registration forms than processing people. I will take my chances and not pre-register this year.
Jim Kane

By pre-registering it helps the club know how many people are coming and how many supplies to bring in. Sorry to hear about the wait, but remember that it is all volunteer staffing. I do know that the Board is looking at ways to streamline it.

I'm coming but not a pre-register type of guy.
let the beer tent people know to bring lots of cold frothies, oh thats right Bradfors is buying all rally long, then bring twice as much.

Mark11LT said:
I'm coming but not a pre-register type of guy.
let the beer tent people know to bring lots of cold frothies, oh thats right Bradfors is buying all rally long, then bring twice as much.

Yup, but you already volunteered :stick So we know you are coming...

easy with that stick, nothing worse then getting your stick taken away and beaten with.

Brad, if the committee is looking for ways to shorten the pre-registration process, there are some very simple things they could do. One is to use a simple computer print-out instead of pulling the original application from the file to admit the "pre-registered" attendee. That alone would save many hours and there would be no lines except for the non pre-registered.
Jim

jentine said:
Brad, if the committee is looking for ways to shorten the pre-registration process, there are some very simple things they could do. One is to use a simple computer print-out instead of pulling the original application from the file to admit the "pre-registered" attendee. That alone would save many hours and there would be no lines except for the non pre-registered.
Jim
That sounds like an outstanding idea!

BradfordBenn said:
By pre-registering it helps the club know how many people are coming and how many supplies to bring in. Sorry to hear about the wait, but remember that it is all volunteer staffing. I do know that the Board is looking at ways to streamline it.

How about mailing the required admittance credentials to those who pre-register instead of making them stand on line? Have a cut-off of June 15 or whatever is reasonable.

Any handouts that must be distributed at the event itself should be handed to every attendee with a credential. There could be a tear-off or use a hole punch to identify those who have already gotten their allotment of handout stuff.

Standing in line is a waste of time. Planning to have people do it is not good planning.

Good idea. One of the things that I like about signing in is that someone knows if I do or do not show up safely.

No....Lines are not good, not after riding for a day or two.

Do you have anyone with Bar Code experience?

Yes, I know they're ugly and smack of Bigger Brotherism, but they might be much faster.

Do you have anyone with Bar Code experience?

Please elaborate on how you propose they be used? Who pays for or provides the equipment to read them? Would it require overhauling other processes for compatibility? What's the backup plan if it malfunctions? How does the time saved at one point of the process jibe against time added at other points? Not trying to give you guff, just curious.

I used to work with a guy who thought that everything is better through higher technology. Some things yes but not all things, and ya gotta know *how much* technology to apply.

Gee, that was received well.

Yes, often low tech is more effective than the latest high tech.

With that in mind, I believe I will go with the no tech and skip the pre-reg.

Actually the BAr Code idea makes a lot of sense, but IIRC there are no computers at registration it is still paperwork. It is definitely something to consider.

To PreRegister or NOT to PreRegister....

".............. that is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler to ........um ...... " sigh. Shakespere is rolling over in his grave.

That being said, here are some thoughts:

1) If you pre-register, you save $5. That is 2.5 more Micro-brews in the beer garden. :D

2) AT THE RALLY - If you register at a busy time, you will have to wait in a line. Sorry.

3) If you volunteer to help in registration, YOU might be able to help speed up the registration process for the next guy. (Always looking for volunteers...)

4) We are always trying to come up with ideas to speed up the registration process. If you think you have a good idea, please email me with the plan. Include what equipment would be needed, how to implement your plan, a cost projection, training requirements for the volunteers and the attendees, etc.

With a membership of 38,000, we know there are folks out there who might have better ideas --- and we are open to hearing them.

The MOA office staff, the rally registration team, and the current and future rally chairmen are open to good suggestions. Bring 'em on!

:wave

Thanks everyone!

Sue Rihn-Manke

Back