• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

got the R90 out in the sun

8ninety8

Pushed the R90S outside this morning, not all together yet, ran it to center the trans, old Honda fender looks OK, had to use it because of the Kenda 100/90 front tire, a few scratches, matches the bike.

Last edited:
I remember having a problem on my brother's R75/6 when we put some metric tires on. I just removed the stamped fender brace/mount and skeletonised it with a plasma cutter. I wish I had a picture of it. It looked stock and the front tire cleared with no problem.

I agree, paint it. Also, it does not look like my San Jose brace. Nice bike too, love to see the progress. Thanks.

Wayne

I like your bike. I did not see that this thread is a poll on the color of the fork brace, but my $0.02 is paint it. Orange, being one of the brightest colors really attracts the eye. As no other parts on your bike are orange the brace and chrome fender become the focal point of the machine. If this is the intent of the restoration, then it succeeds.

Ninety degree petcock

Got the twisted petcock installed, makes alot of nice room for the dipstick, the timing plug and the gas filter, if you're interested.

Last edited:
I like how the dipstick handle has been drilled...that'll improve airflow and reduce the sprung mass of the bike... :hide :bolt

I give up

Great pictures, that is a sharp looking ride.

But what is the cylinder with the wires just to the upper left of your oil dipstick? I can't figure out if its some emission thing....:scratch

But what is the cylinder with the wires just to the upper left of your oil dipstick?

I think it is a remotely mounted oil pressure switch. Looks like a hole is drilled through the case to hold the bracket. Strange that something like this would need to be done.

oil pressure

just curious- what kind of oil pressure do you see with engine hot, at idle and at speed?

Michael

Above 120 mph keep head behind windscreen

Okay...If I find myself at that speed, I'll try to keep that in mind:jawdrop

Very cool!!! Gotta love the inspirational stuff that an article like this provides.

yes great looking bike

about oil pressure. I was thinking of switching out my clock for an oil pressure gauge someday ( far away day, low priority). isnt ther a sending unit that would fit in stock location ??

Back