• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Maps?

ChrisF

Long Gone
Anyone know when the rally maps will be available? I just realized I'm really going to need a lot of time to plan my route back to my tent after the Thorogood concert. :D ;)

Map of the grounds

I have been working on the maps, but they still look rather 3rd-grader. (ahem) BUT --- Sandy Cohen and Michael Cohen of the BMW Owners News have offered to clean up my scratching.

I would estimate that the map will be close to completion around the middle of April.

If you want to take a peek at what I have so far, please email me. But please --- NO RIDICULE. :p

Sue's Email

Sue,

Yes, I would like to see an early copy, and I WILL NOT make fun of it! IMO, it's counterproductive to ridicule volunteers. :)

I see there's already been a question on WI-FI hotspots, so I guess there'll be requests for GPS coordinates (best route from beer tent to restrooms), topography data (so the tent doesn't end up in the middle of a river during a rainstorm), etc. The last MOA National I attended was in Prineville, so I'm happy that any map is available before riding off to Lima! :D

Take a look at a pancake, and that will give you an idea of the topography of the Lima area. Overpasses are the major elevation changes within 20 miles of the rally site.

lorazepam said:
Take a look at a pancake, and that will give you an idea of the topography of the Lima area. Overpasses are the major elevation changes within 20 miles of the rally site.

Now cut that out! :p

Sorry Sue, but they need to know the truth. I used to ride a century bicycle ride up in Findlay every year, and they advertised that fact openly. But the wind made it just as hard as a hilly ride, sometimes even harder. Hills eventually end, but 20 miles into a headwind on a bike will wear you out.

lorazepam said:
Take a look at a pancake, and that will give you an idea of the topography of the Lima area.

Hey, Loraz, you should have seen my first and last attempt at making pancakes! :eek

shuber said:
Well, here's a link to the "official" Allen Cty Fairground map: http://www.allencountyfair.org/map.htm

It's available thru the fairgrong link on the web page....

Steve Huber
'05 rally webmaster
Last walkthru of the rally site had the Beemerville Tap and entertainment stage located in the area of Bldg 30, so it's a short walk to the camping areas. In fact all rally events will be centrally located so the walks will be short. Sue has made several site visits and is giving much thought to making this a most enjoyable rally for all. And you've heard it many times but it bears repeating, "Camping is the way to go here" The camping areas are awesome. Hospitality comittee plans on having a large map of the site posted when you arrive to aid you. So do you're exciting riding coming to and leaving the rally and plan on relaxing and enjoying friends while you are here. See ya in July!!!

Rally Ride and Camping

Old Salt is right ride threw the hills of Ohio to get to the rally there are plenty of them to the East and South in Fact if you ride north on RT-603 from Rt-95 south east of Mansfield you will go over one hill and if going 60 or so you will lift right up off your bike quit a rush on such a nice new highway also before you get to Rt-30 you will have twisties that you can really have some fun on.
Now for camping the grounds are not a level as you may think and when you go to set up your tent or trailer you will find this out. You will have a fun time I am sure.
John
PS please use the trash containers
Thanks

Back