• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Blechblos'n

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
This may be a dumb questions but I can't find the answer and I know I'm not the only one wondering.

From what i understand, Blechblos'n is the entertainment on Friday night just outside the rally grounds. The ad on ON mentions special pricing and ticket info. i realize BMW Motorrad is trying to attract locals to this event, but does this mean rally attendees are also expected to purchase tickets?

This may be a dumb questions but I can't find the answer and I know I'm not the only one wondering.

From what i understand, Blechblos'n is the entertainment on Friday night just outside the rally grounds. The ad on ON mentions special pricing and ticket info. i realize BMW Motorrad is trying to attract locals to this event, but does this mean rally attendees are also expected to purchase tickets?

The Motorrad venue is separate from our event. As far as I know we are having our own band(s) that night.

... does this mean rally attendees are also expected to purchase tickets?

If you want to attend the BMW NA event, you have to purchase a ticket. If you have no interest, you don't have to purchase a ticket. Simple as that.

OK, I'm mostly illiterate on the computer, but i tried to find info on the Blechblos'n band on the websites mentioned in the add and couldn't find a link. Anybody know how to get the info?

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Voni & Gort, but now I really feel stupid.
I can get the utube links, which really don't say anything and when I click on the lonestarcycles link Voni has I get nothing. So I went on lonestar's main page and for the life of me I can't find any link to the Rally or Blechbos'n.:banghead
Can you give this old cogger any other advice?:scratch

Mike:gerg

You know I'm half German, but it will take a lot of hefeweisen to get me to listen to that all night...

I can get the utube links, which really don't say anything and when I click on the lonestarcycles link Voni has I get nothing. So I went on lonestar's main page and for the life of me I can't find any link to the Rally or Blechbos'n.:banghead

I couldn't get the link to work for Lonestar or Napster either.

You know I'm half German, but it will take a lot of hefeweisen to get me to listen to that all night...

Here are some other songs that hopefully will get you in the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B592oB5fdek&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBgT_8dw0S8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQtsE9IqlkI&feature=related

I think a large amounts of beer needs to be consumed when watching these guys, after all they are an Oktoberfest band! :german

Sorry. I fixed the Lone Star link.

I'm thinking it's really not my kind of music, so I don't care.

Voni
sMiling

I guess that I'm a bit confused as to why BMW NA is even having an event at the same time and location as the MOA Rally if it is not part of the rally.

I'm calling it the "Drink the Bavarian Kool-Aid" event. BMW NA knows that the MOA Rally will stir up a bunch of attention in the surrounding areas. So they want to draw in non-MOA folks and generate interest in their products. Kind of like "If you buy one of our bikes, you too can be one of the Happy Rally Goers inside the Fairgrounds!"

Parasitic marketing at its finest. :deal

I'm calling it the "Drink the Bavarian Kool-Aid" event. BMW NA knows that the MOA Rally will stir up a bunch of attention in the surrounding areas. So they want to draw in non-MOA folks and generate interest in their products.

Um, I really don't think that there is going to be that much interest in BMW motorcycles outside the MOA rally. It seems that this marketing idea, directed towards a non-captured market segment, would be better located at other major motorcycle events, e.g., AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days (same weekend as MOA rally), Americade in NY in June, Honda Hoot in Knoxville, Aspencade, etc.

If BMW NA wants to reward / retain current customers then the "event" which they are sponsoring should have been part of the MOA Rally.

If the Blechblos'n performance is going to charge admission in addition to the MOA Rally fee, be outside the MOA area, and the MOA is going to have their own concurrent entertainment then BMW NA shouldn't be too surprised if their event has poor attendance.

You know, after thought and consideration, yeah, I think we'll pass.
After all it's a lot better to spend the time with our friends at the rally then go offsite for some promotional entertainment.

Hope to see each and every one of you there. Pat & I will be helping with registration Wednesdya afternoon and Thursday morning. Stop by and say HELLO!

Mike

I noticed that the website homepage for today (14 July - Bastille Day) features the Blechblos'n entertainment. My question concerns this concert's association with the BMW MOA rally. If the concert is associated with the rally, why is there an additional cost?

And if the concert, sponsored by BMW Motorrad USA, is not part of the rally, then why is the MOA providing free publicity (e.g., prominently placed on the homepage)? Why doesn't BMW Motorrad USA just purchase ad space? Is the promotion of the extra-fee concert in exchange for other goods and/or services? How does the MOA club and membership benefit from freely promoting this concert?

http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally11/local_area/german_festivities_at_the_moa_international_rally

Back